SASS Wire Forum

If you can't meet the goal, lower it

Trigger Mike

We had a sleep number bed for years and liked it but my side leaked a little and she snored a lot so we bought the newer model that let's me raise her head if she snores (not the automatic one).  The snores have dropped off considerably.   

The bed has an app that follows your sleep pattern.   It monitors heart and breathing and tells you the best time to exercise and when you are most alert based on your sleep. 

Once you tell the app the number of hours sleep you plan to get, it scores you the next day.  If your goal is 8 hours,  it scores you based on how many hours in bed, how long to get to sleep and if you got up.  One night my wife was sick , slept until 230am.  Slept in the recliner until 6am and in bed until 630.  Her score was a 9.  Usually she scores 80.  

The other day the app noticed I had not met my goal and actually suggested I lower my goal to meet my actual sleep habits.   I guess the next time I fail at something I should lower my expectations.   

I think it is trying to tell you you are sleeping more efficiently. Sort of like telling you to buy less gas than you are used to because your car gets better mileage.

7 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Hmmmm...

Shanley guauges my sleep by calling after I wake up...and seeing if I remember his kissing me 'goodbye'.:wub:

A fellow at church said the other day when someone asked if he woke up grumpy that "No I usually let her sleep" . He got an eye roll and an arm punch for that one.

3 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

A fellow at church said the other day when someone asked if he woke up grumpy that "No I usually let her sleep" . He got an eye roll and an arm punch for that one.

............... I would be surprised if he didn't have to sleep on the couch for a week for that'n .......   :unsure:

I grew up in Columbus Ohio. Back in the 70s, they decided that they should have women Police Officers. Now don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with that, but it is pertinent to the conversion. 

They set the standards that they wanted the recruits to meet. ONE women met them. So the lowered the standards until they had enough women to have a class.

SIDE NOTE... The first week these women were on patrol, two of them wrecked their Cruisers!

Archived