SASS Wire Forum

Has Anyone Here Shot A Canik Pistol?

Cypress Sun

They are getting some good talk around here in Florida. The reviews are pretty good also. Has anyone here have any hands on experience with these guns? I've been looking at the TP9S series. 

Yes but I won't be much help.  I went to a range once and the range master let me borrow his shockwave.  He was carrying a canik and let me try it too.  It was very nice but I wasn't overly impressed.  I don't even know what model it was, it looked a bit like a race gun to me.  Not a full race gun but halfway there.  To be honest that might just mean it had a reflex sight on it as I'm not into guns like that.  But yeah, the trigger was better than any striker fired gun I've tried is all I can say. 

Know 2 people that have them and like them.  Local deputy and the other is my son.  But have not gotten to fire one myself.   GW

Since I have invested my money in Glocks I have no interest in another brand of 9mm, but I have handled a Canik and I know two guys that have them and like them very much. The big feature they like is the low bore axis. The recoil feels less pronounced according to them. They are not on  the Communist...I mean, California roster so they paid a premium to get them. 
I would like to shoot one to see if the lower bore axis does make a difference. 

I've handled and shot a few.   I like them a lot.

Their triggers are actually super nice..... atleast those few I have handled.   I think their triggers are better than my

FN 509  and Sig P320 Compact.

They are also accurate depending on whose shooting it..... :D.

..........Widder

Thanks all. I've been hearing the same things that you all mentioned. Everything sounds real good for this gun and pricing is REAL reasonable. I believe my mind is made up.

Ive used one in three gun  last year.   

Phenomenal trigger.  Better accuracy than most stock guns.  Swap out the main spring for a lighter version and you get one incredibly soft shooter .   

Enablers! That’s what we are...and darn happy about it!

I just remembered that the guys at the gun store and range that I went to in Oregon shot and lived the Canik. The guy that managed the shooting range was a diehard Glock guy. I remember him saying that the felt recoil of the Canik compared to the G17 was less and that the Canik factory trigger was better than his modified Glock’s trigger. I do not recall what brand or model of trigger he had in his Glocks. 

We sell a lot of them.  Most models come with a reasonably comfortable holster, and three mags.  They have good sights.  The one I've shot felt very comfortable, and shot well.

The first time I heard about Caniks was Recoil Magazine. I cannot find the article but here is another they did regarding the Canik. Also, one of the things they lamented was lack of accessories, holsters and parts. That appears to be changing. 

https://www.recoilweb.com/best-ccw-9mm-unsung-heroes-165503.html

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Enablers! That’s what we are...and darn happy about it!

I just remembered that the guys at the gun store and range that I went to in Oregon shot and lived the Canik. The guy that managed the shooting range was a diehard Glock guy. I remember him saying that the felt recoil of the Canik compared to the G17 was less and that the Canik factory trigger was better than his modified Glock’s trigger. I do not recall what brand or model of trigger he had in his Glocks. 

Yep, You dang enablers. You are all to blame.:D

2 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

This probably isn't the best place to come if you want to be talked OUT of buying a gun. 

Unless you kick the Colt Vs Ruger bee hive. 

Yeah, it's kind of like preaching to the choir. I've heard real good things about the gun but the folks I've heard from are localized around here. I like to get people's opinions from around the Country. From what I've read here, it's all good feedback from people whom I may have never met but respect as though I have.

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The first time I heard about Caniks was Recoil Magazine. I cannot find the article but here is another they did regarding the Canik. Also, one of the things they lamented was lack of accessories, holsters and parts. That appears to be changing. 

https://www.recoilweb.com/best-ccw-9mm-unsung-heroes-165503.html

Below is the actual sales description of a Canik pistol from Blackhawk Armory. They're prices are usually lower than many others.

https://www.battlehawkarmory.com/product/century-hg3774gn-tp9sfx-canik-9mm-luger-double-5.20-201-black-interchangeable-backstrap-grip-gray-cerakote-slide#product_detail

Howdy Sun.

Well, I wouldn't mislead ya.

My FN 509 is highly rated.   And my SIG P320 might very well be one of the finest pistols I have

owned and shot.  The P320 is really 'bullseye' accurate..... with a very nice trigger.

Saying all that, those Caniks I have shot and looked at in Slaters gun shop are top notch.  And I would have bought one except I already own the FN and SIG.

And of those I have dry fired in Slater shop, the

factory triggers are really nice..... kinda feel custom tuned.

Give Slater a call at his business:  865 / 591-5129

..........Widder

Archived