SASS Wire Forum

'73 brass lifter in Cowboy .45 Special /SOLD, SOLD, SOLD! Thanks!

:ph34r:  Tested and used in 2 matches.  Perfect function, and FUN!  Makes the rifle look like a corn popper the way those little cases fly out.......  Regardless, my SASS future no longer supports my once-held ambitions for the Classic Cowboy category.  Physical deterioration and reality will prevent that from being realized.  So, this item is up for sale, and my '73 rifle and Ruger Bisley's will soon follow.

These carriers are currently $174 shipped.  How does $159 shipped sound?  PM for remittance details.

Thanks for your interest.

20210302_171139.thumb.jpg.445f35f35135f0e592519140e959710b.jpg

20210302_171203.thumb.jpg.465a7eaea4c26b98f85ecfdf92e50037.jpg

That’s a cool lifter, who does ‘em.   I don’t shoot 45 though.  

Happy Trails AKA Bill English

The gunsmith at The Smith Shop in Warwick Road Island

20 minutes ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Happy Trails AKA Bill English

The gunsmith at The Smith Shop in Warwick Road Island

Got it, for Cowboy 45.   

• 3 weeks later...

Hate to ask dumb questions, once changed to this carrier, can you still cycle 45 Colt? I am looking at possibly doing this. Thanks 

41 minutes ago, Derringer Dan said:

Hate to ask dumb questions, once changed to this carrier, can you still cycle 45 Colt? I am looking at possibly doing this. Thanks 

No sir. It works by limiting the distance a round can come on the carrier. The 45 Colt round is too long, would still be partially in the magazine tube.

1 minute ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

No sir. It works by limiting the distance a round can come on the carrier. The 45 Colt round is too long, would still be partially in the magazine tube.

Thanks Goody. Next silly question- feasible to run LC in the rifle and the specials in the wheelguns, and is this allowed in the Cowboy class? 

Just now, Derringer Dan said:

Thanks Goody. Next silly question- feasible to run LC in the rifle and the specials in the wheelguns, and is this allowed in the Cowboy class? 

Yes, absolutely allowed.

Just now, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

Yes, absolutely allowed.

Thank you sir. New to all this and my searches are like watching my dog chase her tail. 

2 minutes ago, Derringer Dan said:

Thank you sir. New to all this and my searches are like watching my dog chase her tail. 

Remember there is no stupid question if you need the answer.

Archived