SASS Wire Forum

Some guns are a good investment

Buckshot Bob

6 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

I don't get it. It's a Python with a shorter barrel making it worth $18,000 more?

Ike, I don't believe it's the shorter barrel.  I once had a 4-inch barreled Python.

17 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

I don't get it. It's a Python with a shorter barrel making it worth $18,000 more?

I don’t get collecting either, but if I did I’d probably be rich . Why is a 57 Chevy worth more than a 55 or 56 ? 
This looks to me to be a python with a different roll stamp and grips . But I guess it makes it a super rare python 

3 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

I'm a 5,6,7 guy. Why is the 57 worth more. It's all about the fins, 283 and fuel injection or 2 4 barrel carbs.

I guess this is all about the boa and some grips 

Did find what is different.   Vary rare but not greatest product.  The Boa is a Python barrel on a Trooper frame.   Limited production set apart by limited matched set on cons. number with 4 and 6 in barrel.          GW

5 minutes ago, G W Wade said:

Did find what is different.   Vary rare but not greatest product.  The Boa is a Python barrel on a Trooper frame.   Limited production set apart by limited matched set on cons. number with 4 and 6 in barrel.          GW

I guess if you’re a snake gun guy and you have to have a example of each in your collection 

Don't think it will sell at that price.   

50 minutes ago, twelve mile REB said:

If Sam Colt was going to do a video presenting it to the new owner (buyer) I might consider bidding. But, that's the only way.

3 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I guess if you can pick the right distributor special you can really make out . I always knew that they bring a slight premium but this is exceptional 

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/892847677

You still have a day to put your bid in...Hurry up you could be a proud new owner...

Texas Lizard

My 4 inch Python will stay in the family...Got it in 75 or 76...Last century...

2 hours ago, Texas Lizard said:

You still have a day to put your bid in...Hurry up you could be a proud new owner...

Texas Lizard

My 4 inch Python will stay in the family...Got it in 75 or 76...Last century...

I’m more of a S&W guy , and not much of a collector. I don’t have gun I won’t shoot or hunt with 

1 hour ago, twelve mile REB said:

It is , it’s been bid on . Only 25.00 away from the reserve price . Unless the bidders are screwing with the owner 

4 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

I'm a 5,6,7 guy. Why is the 57 worth more. It's all about the fins, 283 and fuel injection or 2 4 barrel carbs.

And no one cares that it was a pita to take care of.  I drove mine for about  a year and almost  gave it away.  I bought it in 1959 and someone had shoved a 327 in it.  It ran the buns off of everything else in town...when it was running and assorted parts weren't breaking or falling off.  

I wish I had a barn full of them now.

12 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

It is , it’s been bid on . Only 25.00 away from the reserve price . Unless the bidders are screwing with the owner 

Says no reserve now, so I guess it hit the price.  Wow, when I saw the OP I thought this was one of those auctions with a high minimum that wasn't going to get any bids.  But people have actually bid it up to that price? 

1 hour ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Says no reserve now, so I guess it hit the price.  Wow, when I saw the OP I thought this was one of those auctions with a high minimum that wasn't going to get any bids.  But people have actually bid it up to that price? 

I do sometimes wonder how many fake bidders exist on sites like gunbroker/eBay . It wouldn’t take much to open a few accounts to bid things up , the seller would be stuck with the fees if it didn’t work. But if it works often enough they may feel it’s worth the risk 

Man some people have a lot of money to throw around! I wonder how much this gun will go up in value after CZ takes over. Maybe that's what the bidder is thinking!:o

44 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Man some people have a lot of money to throw around! I wonder how much this gun will go up in value after CZ takes over. Maybe that's what the bidder is thinking!:o

LGS had an minty 1886 Win in 50-110 with factory letter for $13500.    Sold and never left the store. Just moved to a display with owners name on a plaque below.

GW

My local gun shop had a new Colt Gatling gun for $59,999. He sold it to a collector who made payments monthly for 18 months after putting $20K down. The buyer owned a local business and is a serious collector. Colt only made 100 of these critters.

Archived