SASS Wire Forum

Wire changes page layout? Panel pop up on the right.

Warden Callaway

Every once in a while the page changes to have another pannel pop up on right side.  I can't figure out if I've done something to trigger but can't find a way to undo it.  

See "Announcement" and all that stuff on the right?

Screenshot_20210306-022936.thumb.png.3566d340149e946b49b913552da8deb2.png

12 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Kinda annoying, ain't it?

Seems to be a "sometimes" phenomenon.  :huh:

Good to know I'm not the only victim.  -_-

And you loose some edit options. The message box is like that on mobile setting. 

Command + to magnify the page,  the sidebar goes away.

Command - to un-magnify the screen, the sidebar shows up.

May take a few repeats to get to the "change" depending on how magnified or un-magnified you are by default.

Also note the change in the second (dark blue) bar at the top of the page (search field vs three buttons).

17 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

Command + to magnify the page,  the sidebar goes away.

Command - to un-magnify the screen, the sidebar shows up.

May take a few repeats to get to the "change" depending on how magnified or un-magnified you are by default.

Also note the change in the second (dark blue) bar at the top of the page (search field vs three buttons).

Thanks John, that works!!B)

15 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

Don't got no "command" button on my Samsung Galaxy tablet. <_<

Assuming magnification is turned on in tablet settings...

Try triple-tapping the screen with one finger. Triple-tap again to un-zoom. Leave finger down on third tap to have temporary zoom; then releasing finger un-zooms instantly.

Another option is pinching with two fingers.

Ok. Triple tap fast, triple tap slow, triple tap twice and hold on third does nothing.  

Using two fingers does zoom in and out but the side crap is still there just off view and format of the replies is still not right and loss of editing options. So two finger zoom only made the same situation bigger. 

4 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Doesn’t work with at least my IPad :angry:

On most Apple devices, the browser zoom setting can be changed in Settings. I don't think it can be adjusted on the fly in the browser.

5 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

Ok. Triple tap fast, triple tap slow, triple tap twice and hold on third does nothing.  

Using two fingers does zoom in and out but the side crap is still there just off view and format of the replies is still not right and loss of editing options. So two finger zoom only made the same situation bigger. 

I did start with the assumption zooming on the tablet is turned on (enabled).

Probably somewhere like Settings -> Accessibility. I recall there is a switch to turn it on. Also a slider to change default font size.

My tablet is out of battery, so I can't look right now.

You are correct that pinching just makes it bigger, but it is an alternative.

22 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

The trick is you gotta triple tap without double tapping. 

I don't know what I'm talking about, I use android devices where zooming takes 2 fingers. 

Don’t worry...soon someone will be along soon to tell you to “get used to it”. “It’s not a problem. It doesn’t bother me.” :angry:

Ok,  I log in on my PC using Windows and use the Command +/- key and all it does in sizes the same problem.   I doesn't get rid of the right side panels. 

I can't see why some topics get this way and then won't change back.  Why do we need this feature?  

45 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

Ok,  I log in on my PC using Windows and use the Command +/- key and all it does in sizes the same problem.   I doesn't get rid of the right side panels. 

I can't see why some topics get this way and then won't change back.  Why do we need this feature?  

For me it's not a question of why we do/don't need it, but why is it not consistent.

Whether I like it or not, I can learn to live with it if it's consistent.

Archived