SASS Wire Forum

With No Thanks to My "Republican" Governor......

Seemed bizarre up here as well.  Went to the Kinney's site first thing at 8:15 on Monday---showed no appointments anywhere in the state for the rest of the year. Figured they just weren't set up yet. Refreshed until 11:00 and still nothing. Checked with the state sites and only found openings that were a 2 hour drive. In desperation, I called the state # and got a really nice and helpful Lady. ( Sarah ). Told her my woe and she instantly informed of openings 45 minutes away which still didn't show on the web site. She had no explanation. She set myself and the wife up for the end of March. For curiosity, I kept checking the Kinney site. At 5:45 suddenly there were 2 openings 15 minutes from home. Signed me up first and then refreshed to sign up the wife--- no more openings for the rest of the year!!?? Tried again for the hell of it at about 9:30 PM and poof one more a week later than mine. Excellent 2 appointments for us 15 minutes from home.

In the morning try to call the state at the number they posted for cancellations and as per Sarah, yep, 6 menus in  that had 8 options each, none were for cancellations. Called Sarah back at the appointment only number and she got it fixed. Holy crap I hope it's worth it.

I think there’s a few states and counties within states that should be very ashamed of themselves. I reside in one. 

5 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I think there’s a few states and counties within states that should be very ashamed of themselves. I reside in one. 

To be ashamed they'd have to believe they are wrong.  Most of these misfit idiots are convinced that they are right and everyone else on the planet is wrong

Got my first shot thru the DR's office in Dec and the second Jan. I had an appointment to get labs with the VA a couple weeks ago and when I went in I asked about covid shots (just curious) and was told NONE available, A week later I received a letter saying they had been trying to contact me by either email, text or voicemail to set an appointment for covid shot as they were now doing 65 and older, none of which happened. Yesterday I get a voice message saying I should call to get an appointment.

kR

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Got ya beat Pard!

We got whole country!!!!

Our Glorious Leader's first attempt to get vaccines was from China!!!

And he paid upfront!

But not to worry.

Chinese authorities stopped the exportation at THEIR border.

Now "they" are buying from all over, trying to catch up.

2 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Ta-Da !!!!!!

I have a vaccination appointment !!!

The State system failed me totally, but my doctor's office has gotten a load of vaccine, and is scheduling appointments.  I got one on the first try.  The State should be ashamed of itself.

LL

Sounds like your republican governor is as inept as our democrat governor is.

1 minute ago, Yul Lose said:

Sounds like your republican governor is as inept as our democrat governor is.

Worse.  He's pro-abortion, anti-gun, and in the case of the vaccine program, inept.  I voted for the guy as a better alternative to the rabid Dems we have predominantly in state government, but he's not much better at this point.  

LL

Last week, vaccinations for over 65 became available.  Called Tuesday and got scheduled for Wednesday, the 10th, twenty minutes from here.

In Memphis, they’ve squandered thousands of doses through mismanagement and a batch of doses were redirected to a number of children. Several hundred doses were lost in a nearby county when they were stored in an unapproved refrigerator!!

Between malfeasance, ineptitude, and just plain stupidity, it seems that once again, the WORST way to handle any non-conflict situation is to let the “government” get involved!!

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Last week, vaccinations for over 65 became available.  Called Tuesday and got scheduled for Wednesday, the 10th, twenty minutes from here.

In Memphis, they’ve squandered thousands of doses through mismanagement and a batch of doses were redirected to a number of children. Several hundred doses were lost in a nearby county when they were stored in an unapproved refrigerator!!

Between malfeasance, ineptitude, and just plain stupidity, it seems that once again, the WORST way to handle any non-conflict situation is to let the “government” get involved!!

Here, the hospitals and clinics were all geared up to start making appointments for their patients; the Governor decided that the state could do it better, and pulled all of their vaccine allocations.  Thirty days in, it became clear that the state was not well equipped to make appointments for millions of people; they didn't even have a list, and their appointment process was clumsy.  Their website was a non-functioning nightmare.  I spent days trying to register, only to be told repeatedly that there were no appointments available.

Within 2 days of my hospital/health care group getting a vaccine supply, I have a confirmed appointment at a clinic that does not require me to go mingle in one of the state-sponsored mass vaccination sites.  I'm happy, and will be happier once I'm actually vaccinated (March 29).

There are some things that private parties can accomplish better than government - and health care is one of them.

LL

1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Worse.  He's pro-abortion, anti-gun, and in the case of the vaccine program, inept.  I voted for the guy as a better alternative to the rabid Dems we have predominantly in state government, but he's not much better at this point.  

LL

Republican sure don't mean Conservative anymore. :(

Thankee for the prompt, Loophole....

I just managed to get an appointment for my second - one week from tomorrow.  Yippee!!  ^_^

It seems that the Pfizer has a three week period between first and second; Moderna is four weeks.

I am getting to the point where I believe the D and the R stand for the same things, they just each have their pet money making issues to keep money rolling in.
Ever wonder why every election year the country is reported to be “equally divided”?

(Steps down and kicks soap box across the patio)

My wife and I got our first and then we got our second. We had to do some searching around etc, but  then we got them.

Of big countries, we're second only to Britain in the number of folks per capita whove gotten the vaccine.

But still-- we complain.  We always complain....it's always somebody's fault.

Wife and I got our second shots last week. Had some side effects but still don't regret getting vaccinated.

Except for the city of Dallas and Dallas county vaccinations here done by the hospitals are running super smooth. All are drive through so you never get out of your car. The ones run by FEMA are a cluster F. Dallas partnered with FEMA and so far it is a disaster.

Denton County is using Texas Motor Speedway and vaccinating over 27000 people a week. They have 16 lanes with no waiting except for the 15 minute post shot requirement. 

The biggest limitation here is vaccine availability. But that is getting better, with 1 million doses expected to be here next week. The J&J vaccine is being used to target people that cannot come to a vaccination site.

11 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

My wife and I got our first and then we got our second. We had to do some searching around etc, but  then we got them.

Of big countries, we're second only to Britain in the number of folks per capita whove gotten the vaccine.

But still-- we complain.  We always complain....it's always somebody's fault.

Red:

All I can say is that it sounds like your state's system did better than mine, at least comparing your success with my sequential failures.  Frustration and anxiety play into my experience; frustration because the state's scheduling website is impenetrable, frequently telling you at step 2 that there are doses available at certain sites, and then when you reach step 4, no vaccine is available.  Or, after waiting for 2+ hours to register at a certain site, you are uncermoniously bounced, with no idea why. Or starting the registration, with 10,000+ doses shown as available, and then 3 minutes later, being told that all of the available doses have been administered.  Overlayed on this are the government officials telling us that those 65 and older are at greater risk; repeatedly telling us that we will be vaccinated first; and then, as many of us have been unable to get a vaccination appointment, deciding to allow almost 80,000 teachers and 100,000 school employees to jump into the vaccination pool, regardless of age or health.  Teacher's Unions contribute heavily to political campaigns here, and politicians are being reminded of that fact.  Of course we are anxious; we've been told that we are at risk, more at risk than the general population, but we see our opportunity to be protected slipping away.  Every day that we are not vaccinated is one more day of exposure that could lead to serious illness or death.  Our worst fears are magnified.  If we are complaining, we have reasons to do so; and if it IS someone's fault, we are entitled to point that out.  No more going silently into the night.  

LL

Archived