SASS Wire Forum

WTB Remington R1

If you cant find an R1, look for the ATI Government model. Sights are almost as good as the Remington's.

Cablea's in Glendale, Az had several last month when I was there. They will ship to Bass Pro if you have one near by. The pistols were in the "The Gun Room" not at the gun counter.

Tully

Interested in a genuine colt or is that out of your price range?  In 2011 colt made a bunch of commerative pistols.  This one was made to the exact specs of the original 1911.  I think I shot 50 rounds through it and it put blisters on the web of both of my hands (I'm a gunfighter : I had to shoot with both).  So I aint never gunna shoot it again.  Right now it's on consignment at a local gun shop but if you want it I can go get it from them when I get home at the end of the week.   

1911-2011 (2).jpg

Thanks for the offer but I’m looking for a match to the R1 I already have. Primarily for a back up but I also shoot gunfighter and I’m just waiting for “Outlaw Gunfighter Wild Bunch” to become a thing. 

3 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Interested in a genuine colt or is that out of your price range?  In 2011 colt made a bunch of commerative pistols.  This one was made to the exact specs of the original 1911.  I think I shot 50 rounds through it and it put blisters on the web of both of my hands (I'm a gunfighter : I had to shoot with both).  So I aint never gunna shoot it again.  Right now it's on consignment at a local gun shop but if you want it I can go get it from them when I get home at the end of the week.   

Displaying IMG_20181008_0926288.jpg

Have no idea which model you are referring to or how much you want for it as the image didn’t come thru, so without wasting your time, but if you are interested in selling your gun, you might want to try again with attaching an image but also to write the description and the price you are wanting. Then I can see if it is my price range and if I want it or over you a counter offer. Only if you are interested in selling. 

1 hour ago, Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 said:

Have no idea which model you are referring to or how much you want for it as the image didn’t come thru, so without wasting your time, but if you are interested in selling your gun, you might want to try again with attaching an image but also to write the description and the price you are wanting. Then I can see if it is my price range and if I want it or over you a counter offer. Only if you are interested in selling. 

There is a picture.  My camera takes large pictures so maybe it just hasn't loaded yet.  Can anyone else see it?  Maybe I oughta shrink the images down in the future. 

I was thinking about making a WTS post when I get home, just giving montague a chance since his post gave me the idea.  Thank you for letting me know there's more interest but the official post have to wait till I get home next weekend.  I don't want to sell it here only to get home and find out it was already sold on consignment. 

Back on to the original topic, I am glad to hear the R1 got it's problems worked out.  I wanted one real bad (before I got this colt) but they weren't performing very well.  When the new Model 51s had issues too I kind of stopped paying attention to Remington pistols. 

3 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

There is a picture.  My camera takes large pictures so maybe it just hasn't loaded yet.  Can anyone else see it?  Maybe I oughta shrink the images down in the future. 

I was thinking about making a WTS post when I get home, just giving montague a chance since his post gave me the idea.  Thank you for letting me know there's more interest but the official post have to wait till I get home next weekend.  I don't want to sell it here only to get home and find out it was already sold on consignment. 

Back on to the original topic, I am glad to hear the R1 got it's problems worked out.  I wanted one real bad (before I got this colt) but they weren't performing very well.  When the new Model 51s had issues too I kind of stopped paying attention to Remington pistols. 

Nope, no photo.

9 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

So Ramblin I am thinking you can tell us the model, describe the condition and tell us the price, like I asked before as well as a picture. Or you can keep talking about R1s and I will lose interest and look elsewhere. 

Archived