SASS Wire Forum

SOLD - Marlin 39A, Made in 1941, 24" Round Barrel, Good Condition

I meant to post this earlier today, but “The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.” - Robert Burns

A brief bit of background on this Marlin 39A. It was made in 1941, S/N B2234, cased receiver, 24” round barrel. I bought it in January 2010 from a fellow cowboy shooter who inherited it from his uncle. Shot it at about nine indoor .22 matches 2010-12. The club (Jefferson Outlaws in PA) then stopped having the matches, so its been a safe queen since then. When I got it, the bolt and hammer were new replacements; don't know why. There was a bit of drag when racking it so I had Cody C. smooth it out. He confirmed the parts were new. It has “H Schneider” etched next to the S/N plus an “H” etched on the hammer. Don't know what these mean. The bore is very clean.

I don't shoot .22's anymore, so this needs to go. I recently sold my pair of Single Six's so am out of the .22 business completely except for a Rossi 62A that I've had almost forever.

I've included a bunch of pic's. The forearm might be a replacement as it seems to have a different finish than the stock. It has a tang peep sight (brand unknown) that I never used, as prefer open sights for CAS. The open sights fold down and have both a conventional notch plus a flat blade which is ideal for CAS. Considering the few alterations to the original, am asking $830 shipped via USPS Registered Mail to your FFL, who needs to accept it from me, a non-FFL holder. Will accept USPS MO or personal check. The first “I'll take it” here gets it. We can then discuss shipping via PM.

IMGP1716.JPG

IMGP1717.JPG

IMGP1718.JPG

IMGP1719.JPG

IMGP1720.JPG

IMGP1721.JPG

IMGP1722.JPG

IMGP1723.JPG

IMGP1724.JPG

IMGP1725.JPG

IMGP1726.JPG

IMGP1728.JPG