SASS Wire Forum

EOT Registration List Characteristics for Fun

Popcorn Kelly

SASS released the final list of the 500 people registered for EOT 2021.  I summarized some interesting characters about the list and posted them to our club's website:  www.illowairregulars.com .  Of course, I wrote it with our club members in mind, but thought some on the Wire might find it interesting just the same.  Here it is.

-------------------------------------

As you know, EOT will be held East of the Mississippi (Paradise Pass in Indiana) for the first time. Needless to say, this generated unprecedented interest in many cowboys and cowgirls in the Midwest, East, and South who historically found New Mexico just a bit too far away (Phoenix will be even farther). SASS exceeded the 500 shooter limit in just a few hours.

Here is the list of Iowa and Illinois cowboys/girls who made it on the Final list.: 9 Iowans and 39 from Illinois, many of which frequent Camden Mills. There are a few other recognizable and deserving names on the waiting list. Let’s hope they make it.

ia_il-eot-registrants.jpg?w=773

It’s also interesting to look at attendance from an East of the Mississippi/West of the Mississippi perspective. As you can see in the table below, just over 2/3’s of the registrants live in states East of the Mississippi.

eastwestsplit-1.jpg?w=515

The table below shows the breakdown by state. A closer look shows that 4 of the top 5, and 8 of the top 10 states in terms of number of registrants are from states East of the Mississippi, with Indiana and Texas tied for having the most participants, followed by Ohio, .

eotbystate.jpg?w=186

Congratulations to the Illowa Irregulars and those that shoot with us on making the Final list. I’m sure there’ll be plenty of tales told as a result some taller than others.

Illowa Irregulars season will begin soon. Keep us in mind when planning your monthly shoots, and be sure to put some ammo back for Fall Round-Up scheduled for September 24-26, 2021.

Little trivia,

Distance from Dallas Texas to Founders ranch = 620 miles

Distance from Dallas Texas to P Pass Regulators = 1020 miles

Wonder how the change in venue affected the number of attendees from Texas as compared to pre-covid attendance?

Founders Ranch is about 1400 miles for me. I could make it in a long two days with one night on the road. 

Phoenix is 1800 for me, that’s two nights on the road to get there.

The run to Indiana is about 670. I can make that in a day.

I hope they decide to alternate East to West, otherwise it will be a while before I shoot EOT again.

Founders Ranch 1550 miles

Ben Avery 2011 miles

Paradise Pass 279 miles

We've driven to all three and I prefer the 279 but I'll drive the 2011 again next year.

15 hours ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

Founders Ranch 1550 miles

Ben Avery 2011 miles

Paradise Pass 279 miles

We've driven to all three and I prefer the 279 but I'll drive the 2011 again next year.

Sixgun...I hate Toll Roads...

I was looking at this route.

What do you take West???

Capture+_2021-03-03-14-18-58.png

Yep, Some can finally justify attending for the first time and are very happy. Some will not be able to make it for the first time. Everything in life is a plus and a minus. Enjoy what you can, when you can.

And, Popcorn. I expect to see some great video from you.. 

2 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Sixgun...I hate Toll Roads...

I was looking at this route.

What do you take West???

Capture+_2021-03-03-14-18-58.png

That route looks pretty good. I came out on I-70,I-44,I-40. I wanted to come through OK City to stop at Cowboy Hall of Fame for the couple that was with us. I paid the toll in OK. I don't remember how much it was. When I come out to Phoenix next year we will probably coming from Florida and come across I-10 and go home the way I stated above. Might try your way for something different. When we brought Boy Scouts out to Philmont Scout Ranch, we came out I-70 to Colorado Springs and down I -25.

6 minutes ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

That route looks pretty good. I came out on I-70,I-44,I-40. I wanted to come through OK City to stop at Cowboy Hall of Fame for the couple that was with us. I paid the toll in OK. I don't remember how much it was. When I come out to Phoenix next year we will probably coming from Florida and come across I-10 and go home the way I stated above. Might try your way for something different. When we brought Boy Scouts out to Philmont Scout Ranch, we came out I-70 to Colorado Springs and down I -25.

That's an idea too, but I really am no a fan of the Springs traffic either!!! That would give us about 6 hours North before turning East...hmmm....might look at that one as well.

@Singin' Sue 71615 the run across Illinois looks like I-64. If it is it is not too bad, there will always be construction somewhere, though.

On 3/3/2021 at 2:08 PM, Popcorn Kelly said:

SASS released the final list of the 500 people registered for EOT 2021.  I summarized some interesting characters about the list and posted them to our club's website:  www.illowairregulars.com .  Of course, I wrote it with our club members in mind, but thought some on the Wire might find it interesting just the same.  Here it is.

-------------------------------------

As you know, EOT will be held East of the Mississippi (Paradise Pass in Indiana) for the first time. Needless to say, this generated unprecedented interest in many cowboys and cowgirls in the Midwest, East, and South who historically found New Mexico just a bit too far away (Phoenix will be even farther). SASS exceeded the 500 shooter limit in just a few hours.

Here is the list of Iowa and Illinois cowboys/girls who made it on the Final list.: 9 Iowans and 39 from Illinois, many of which frequent Camden Mills. There are a few other recognizable and deserving names on the waiting list. Let’s hope they make it.

Congratulations to the Illowa Irregulars and those that shoot with us on making the Final list. I’m sure there’ll be plenty of tales told as a result some taller than others.

Illowa Irregulars season will begin soon. Keep us in mind when planning your monthly shoots, and be sure to put some ammo back for Fall Round-Up scheduled for September 24-26, 2021.

Well this Texan will be shooting at your Illowa Irregulars match on Sunday the 20th on my way to EOT.  I have enjoyed viewing lots of your posted videos.  Look forward to meeting you and others at your club.

Scout 

Scout, glad to hear you're stopping by Camden Mills (Illowa Irregulars) on your way to EOT.  I can assure you that you'll be warmly welcomed along with any other visiting cowboys that may wish to stop in.  If you're unfamiliar with our club or range take a look at our website www.illowairregulars.com .

I've been in College Station Texas these past 5 weeks (leave for home tomorrow).  I had hoped to get in a different match each weekend, but the winter storm caused 3 of the clubs I planned to shoot at the middle two weekends to cancel their matches.  At least I was able to shoot with Thunder River Renegades out of Magnolia on the first and last weekend of our trip.  

It's less than 600 miles for me, and my daughter lives in Indiana close enough to make it a dual visit.

However, I was on the road when registration opened and didn't get in.  I might go to watch and cheer on my TN and KY buddies.

6 minutes ago, Diamond Jake said:

It's less than 600 miles for me, and my daughter lives in Indiana close enough to make it a dual visit.

However, I was on the road when registration opened and didn't get in.  I might go to watch and cheer on my TN and KY buddies.

Or sign up as a Waddie, and enjoy the whole match!

2 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Or sign up as a Waddie, and enjoy the whole match!

I'm still a tenderhorn in SASS; what exactly does a Waddie do?

Just now, Diamond Jake said:

I'm still a tenderhorn in SASS; what exactly does a Waddie do?

EVERYTHING!

Waddies are the heart of the match.

Volunteers who do whatever is needed!

Small fixes, stocking water for the range, when there's a call for 'help' a Waddie is there.

Lot's of labor (set up big tent with chairs, setting tables, ect.)

You get $1 a day, and several benefits.

We have Waddied many EOTs, Rangered many WRs...

It is an experience you won't regret!!!

Archived