SASS Wire Forum

Proud Grandpa

My grandson (only grand child) turned 20 on the 20th of February. Today (his dad's 55th birthday - another senior citizen in the crowd.) he informed us that he is starting a class to learn and get certified to be an EMT, and has been approved, assuming he gets that certification, a place in the fire fighters academy in Las Vegas.

I couldn't be prouder of the kid.  I guess he isn't a kid any more.

Drinks are on me.  :D

nope - no longer a kid , you deserve to be proud , he is assuming a vital role in the grownup world and will be very well respected in his own right , give him our thanks for stepping up and owning this world , 

Barkeep!

Knob Crick if you please!

It is well that we should take a fierce pride in our grandsons!

Mine is a Columbus fire medic, he's out-done me seven ways from Sunday and I could not be happier!

Out of the three oldest boys, two are doing fairly well. One is a journeyman electrician, the other is in the food service business( not micky Dee's). Grand Daughters, three not so well. The oldest is between jobs, the middle seems to a career unemployment person, the youngest is working food service( burger place) with  the oldest's boyfriend. That family has finally got themselves some steady employment, Mom  is manager at a place called Clean Eats, and Dad is Asst. manager at an O'Reilleys auto Parts store. About time they got their heads out of their rears.......:rolleyes::blush:

Congratulations, and I'll have whatever is in that bottle over there.

Good to hear about some of the younger folks that got the correct formula,

and not so much about the nut jobs out there.  

Archived