SASS Wire Forum

Amazon orders

There should be a cancel option, go to my orders, access the order in question & it should be there. If it gets delivered, you can return it.

Sorry to hear about this...
I find Amazon HUGELY responsive to product or shipping issues.

My bride needed a 100' roll of 6-mil black plastic to scorch her fallow garden this season.
Amazon was under half of that charged by Lowes for the same product.
And I didn't have to wait in line or get sneezed on.

And I am not a friend of Amazon, either.

We engage in what is called a "bargain."
This is where I am satisfied with what I got for the price I paid.
The seller is satisfied with the price he got for the item he sold me.

Amazon does things right. Sure, it is an evil empire, but it is delivering quality at a good price point.

On very rare occasion, there is an error. Amazon has always fixed it, the annoyance is shipping back the error (at Amazon's expense but my time).

Where Amazon still gets "dicey" is 3rd-party sellers. Amazon used to have them separated in "Z-shops" but then some years ago gave them the same front end as Amazon direct fulfillment.

"Shipped and sold by Amazon" is one experience, shipped by someone else may not give the same experience. I've also ordered stuff on Ebay and it gets shipped by Amazon. That seems to work well.

But when sold by Amazon and shipped by someone else... Sometimes it works, sometimes there are problems. I have learned to look for this detail and read reviews for problems in fulfillment.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html

This is where I've had the best luck.  Get on chat and they fix things right away most of the time.  It's hard to find though, so I have this link bookmarked.  If you wanna talk to them, then use Pat's link.  You'll have to talk to a robot at first but it's not hard to get a human. 

I'm a prime member and I don't know if they chat to non prime members.  Let me know if they do please. 

30 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

I don't know if they chat to non prime members.  Let me know if they do please. 

They have chatted with me occasionally over the years. The last time was August of 20.

6 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

This is where I've had the best luck.  Get on chat and they fix things right away most of the time.  It's hard to find though, so I have this link bookmarked.  If you wanna talk to them, then use Pat's link.  You'll have to talk to a robot at first but it's not hard to get a human. 

I'm a prime member and I don't know if they chat to non prime members.  Let me know if they do please. 

I am not a Prime Member and they have chatted with me. Then, they called me. The customer service is great!

I've had decent luck with them on returns. Just need to really check pricing nowadays. I bought a book at publishers price from the author whom asked me to review it on Amazon. List price from the publisher was $29.95, Amazon wanted $295.99. I e-mailed them on report or something button and said that was a typo or for a case. They replied that was price each. I have found that with many books, so don't even check them anymore. Overall, I'm happy with them.

23 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Forty, try here:

https://gethuman.com/phone-number/Amazon

Amazon Customer Service

Thanks.  I'll try that.  I did all the rest and couldn't get through to anyone and am now informed the order is in the mail.  I've used Amazon a lot over the last year or so and this is the first problem I've had with it.

8 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Didn't work.  I never even got a response from that chat line.

We live in a rural area and order from Amazon approx 4 or 5 times per month and have for the past 10 or so years.  Everything that we order is something that we cannot buy locally.  Only one item and that was from China, never arrived, Amazon gave us a credit for the amount.

Archived