SASS Wire Forum

Cat Attacks Airline Crew Forces Landing

Patagonia Pete

46 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Thank you for not posting this on the Allie's Cats Thread. ;)

Funny you should mention that ... 

I actually intended to put it in your 'cat thread' but selected "new topic" by accident. :(

Rabies is fairly common over there.  I hope they impounded the cat for observation.  Anyone who came in contact with the cat should be aware of that.

1 hour ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I do have one cat (19 pounds) that would seriously harm anyone, even me, who tried to pick him up.:( 

Where I grew up a neighbor lady had a Manx that ruled the neighborhood.  I watched that cat put a new German Shepherd in its place.  That cat loved people but would not tolerate any harassment by anything.  I think that Manx could have whupped a bobcat.

27 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Rabies is fairly common over there.  I hope they impounded the cat for observation.  Anyone who came in contact with the cat should be aware of that.

How would they be able tell if cat is rapid or just a normal cat being a jerk 

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

If it had been a KA flight you'd have never heard about it except for the passengers bragging about the food.

Sorry Allie

Did I ever tell you folks about the dog head my neighbor found in the alley next to his house?:o

17 minutes ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

Where I grew up a neighbor lady had a Manx that ruled the neighborhood.  I watched that cat put a new German Shepherd in its place.  That cat loved people but would not tolerate any harassment by anything.  I think that Manx could have whupped a bobcat.

My parents bought the apartments next to their house. My dad (after he retired) would walk back and forth doing work on the apartments. Big Blackie (the cat) would follow him around and chase off any dogs he encountered. :D

BTW my neighbor has a cat with no tail. She doesn't know if he's a Manx. His name is Bob. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

BTW, my 19 pound cat has an alias. It is Butt Head.

23 minutes ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

Same way it’s done here:  quarantine the cat and watch for signs of central nervous system disease for at least 10 days after it has bitten someone.   Rabies virus can be present in saliva 10 days before the animal shows CNS symptoms; therefore rabies can be transmitted before the animal shows any signs of the disease.  There are about 300 cases of human rabies in the Middle East every year.  Nothing I would want to take a chance on.

3 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Did I ever tell you folks about the dog head my neighbor found in the alley next to his house?:o

Sounds like a "message" was being sent by a Mafia cat named the Codfather.

Archived