SASS Wire Forum

This one actually made my head hurt!!!

22 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

My guess is someone thought the the blue tab on the left looks like a Hitler mustache above the "smile" of the arrow logo.

Bingo!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/amazon-shaves-app-icon-mustache-that-raised-eyebrows/ar-BB1e7zVB

Funny.

Episode of Adam 12. Malloy came back off vacation, wearing a mustache. Reed and Mac and a few of the others gave him some grief about it, but he just shrugged It off. A couple of days later he shows up without the mustache. Reed asked him why.

"This morning when I was shaving, I took a little too much off one side. I tried to even it up, and ended up taking too much off the other side. I tried to even that up. By the time I got it even, I looked like a red-headed Charlie Chaplin, so I just shaved it off."

Not Hitler - Charlie Chaplin.  :D

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Funny.

Episode of Adam 12. Malloy came back off vacation, wearing a mustache. Reed and Mac and a few of the others gave him some grief about it, but he just shrugged It off. A couple of days later he shows up without the mustache. Reed asked him why.

"This morning when I was shaving, I took a little too much off one side. I tried to even it up, and ended up taking too much off the other side. I tried to even that up. By the time I got it even, I looked like a red-headed Charlie Chaplin, so I just shaved it off."

Not Hitler - Charlie Chaplin.  :D

Seeing Charlie Chaplin in the image requires a sense of humor; I am not surprised that some "woke" leftists saw Hitler instead.....

LL

2 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

My guess is someone thought the the blue tab on the left looks like a Hitler mustache above the "smile" of the arrow logo.

Some people really need to put their phones down and get outside more often...

Well apparently now even Dr. Seuss is considered a racist. Several of his books have been dropped from publication due to "insensitive" imagery...

https://www.king5.com/article/news/nation-world/some-dr-seuss-works-halted-for-racist-insensitive-images/507-59ed3601-a519-45fc-b764-8878cb562dfb

"In “And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street," an Asian person is portrayed wearing a conical hat, holding chopsticks, and eating from a bowl. “If I Ran the Zoo” includes a drawing of two bare-footed African men wearing what appear to be grass skirts with their hair tied above their heads."

Apparently now it's considered racist to show an Asian person eating from a bowl using chopsticks. :huh:

This is all going far beyond the ridiculous.  The Dr. Suess thing has left me with a permanent look of astonishment on my face.  I owned one Suess book - the Cat in the Hat.  It was the first book as a child that I could read all on my own.  The characters were white, blue or red - in fact everything was white, blue or red.  I do not recall any "themes" that even remotely suggested racism - but maybe that's an indication that it was "systemic" - right.  When the Suess cancelling began, there were reports that he had drawn some racially insensitive cartoons around WWII - I have yet to see one in the papers or other media.  There were lots of negative images of Japanese and Germans and Italians at that time - it was wartime and they were our enemies, and propaganda was state sponsored.  Remember the Three Stooges and the Axis powers skits?  Moe with the Hitler mustache?  The Charlie Chan movies with the grossly exaggerated Japanese features on the bad actors?  The fat German spies with the monocles and swagger sticks?  We have always produced characatures of those we dislike; it makes us feel less guilty for shooting at them in war.

But to cancel a whole class of childrens books, which as late as a year or two ago were held up as a model of learning for kids, is just a gross over-reaction.  This search for purity, demanding that public figures have lily-white reputations or else condemning them to infamy and isolation, is absolute foolishness.  Insisting that 50 or 100 year old literature must conform to present day mores is pointless.  Tearing down icons does not change history - it conceals it, and denies us the chance to learn from it.  It is the act of despots and dictators, trying to cover their tracks and present a distorted record of our society.  Book burning and politically motivated social condemnation were the weapons of the fascists, including the Nazis.  

When will a leader stand up and declare that the king wears no clothes?

LL

5 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

lily-white

That's the problem.

Oh, and by the way, your use of that term proves that you are also a racist.

35 minutes ago, Alpo said:

That's the problem.

Oh, and by the way, your use of that term proves that you are also a racist.

Remember the uproar a few years back over the use of the term "niggardly"?  Mental midgets could not get it through their skulls that it had nothing whatsoever to do with race.

LL

7 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

There is a Department of This Is Offensive To Us in the US Capitol.  It's one door left of The Department of Stupid Acronyms....and it's mighty hard to get any lefter.

Congress just read your post and their response was, "Challenge Accepted"

I still don’t get the Amazon thing! Someone needs to explain this in simple terms to me!:blink:

The Amazon logo looks like a smile.

The tape that they hold the top of the box show with is cut zigzag.

Someone decided that that little chunk of blue tape hanging over the edge of the box looked like a mustache since it was above the smile.

And since it was a little square mustache (which prior to World War II was referred to as an "American mustache"), instead of a handlebar, or a British military brush, or a Nick Charles-type pencil thin mustache, some dork brain decided that it looked like Hitler.

3 minutes ago, Alpo said:

The Amazon logo looks like a smile.

The tape that they hold the top of the box show with is cut zigzag.

Someone decided that that little chunk of blue tape hanging over the edge of the box looked like a mustache since it was above the smile.

And since it was a little square mustache (which prior to World War II was referred to as an "American mustache"), instead of a handlebar, or a British military brush, or a Nick Charles-type pencil thin mustache, some dork brain decided that it looked like Hitler.

Thank you Alpo. I understand now and man is this getting crazy!:blink:

I just took a look at a couple or three Amazon boxes. The one that stuff came in last week has brown tape that says something about prime and easy returns. The tape is cut straight.

The one that have have been using for storage for over a year also has the brown tape with the commercial about easy returns.

Then I have a larger box that I have been using for storage for more than 3 years. It has clear plastic tape.

I have not seen any boxes with blue tape.

When was this blue Hitler tape in use?

7 hours ago, Alpo said:

I just took a look at a couple or three Amazon boxes. The one that stuff came in last week has brown tape that says something about prime and easy returns. The tape is cut straight.

The one that have have been using for storage for over a year also has the brown tape with the commercial about easy returns.

Then I have a larger box that I have been using for storage for more than 3 years. It has clear plastic tape.

I have not seen any boxes with blue tape.

When was this blue Hitler tape in use?

Not sure that it ever was - just part of a logo/icon.  But I have received Amazon boxes with blue tape - maybe around the Holidays?

LL

Archived