SASS Wire Forum

Mrs. Butterworth under review

Rye Miles #13621

Do a search for “Communist goals for America 1963”. Then look at what’s happening in this country. 

The crap that’s going on now wouldn’t fly 20 or 30 years ago. It may now. Useful Idiots Abound. 

You're right Pat, these commies have these companies running scared! It's a crazy time we're living in!:blink:

My wife and I were just discussing this at breakfast yesterday morning while pouring syrup (yes, Mrs. Butterworth) over our pancakes.

We decided to keep the bottles and when we buy Log Cabin syrup next time, we'll just fill our Mrs. Butterworth bottle and let the tradition live on! ;)

Real maple syrup or none at all!! You're never going to make all these factions happy. We seem to cater to anyone single complaint now adays, not what the majority thinks anymore.:(

IDUNNO!!  Maybe "NANCY'S"???

33 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

What are the brands gonna be, Aunt Karen and Uncle Steve?

No, hadn’t you heard that there are people starting to complain about the use of the name Karen being used in a negative manner? Naming a product that would certainly be an issue.

57 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

What are the brands gonna be, Aunt Karen and Uncle Steve?

You're not learning.  It must be Aunt Steve and Uncle Karen.  Maybe even Patent's Sibling Neutralis.

This shows what I have said all along - black people, and especially the NAACP, are racist as hell.

Mrs Butterworth is not black. Look at her face. Look at her hair. She's white woman. But because she is chubby and wearing an apron and obviously is a cook, she must be a "colored mammy". Therefore she's bad.

1 minute ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Considering I only buy and use locally sourced Pure Maple Syrup, I don't really care what is done with Mrs. Butterworth. 

+10

Mebbe we should start a pool for which breakfast cereal mascot will be targeted first:  Cap'n Crunch or Lucky Charms.

Cap'n Crunch ~ Captain Horatio Magellan Crunch.  Middle-aged, bordering on "Senior Citizen" status, white guy with militaristic bearing.  Obviously his rank was attained via his "white privilege."  With his age he is probably a drudge on society, requiring more than his share of health resources.  He is also undoubtedly conservative and all that being such entails.  Bad.  Very bad indeed.

Lucky Charms ~ Sir Charms, aka "Lucky the Leprechaun."  Spokesperson is depicted as a vertically challenged, stereotypical individual of European descent.  Evidently quite wealthy, known to be in possession of an entire pot full of gold, likely obtained through using his privileged status to unfairly take advantage of those far less fortunate - even those of his own heritage.  

Well?  What say ye?  Which of these vile individuals will be first...?   :huh:  :rolleyes:

Cap'n Crunch | Heroes Wiki | Fandom                             lucky the leprechaun | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir                    

12 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Mebbe we should start a pool for which breakfast cereal mascot will be targeted first:  Cap'n Crunch or Lucky Charms.

Cap'n Crunch ~ Captain Horatio Magellan Crunch.  Middle-aged, bordering on "Senior Citizen" status, white guy with militaristic bearing.  Obviously his rank was attained via his "white privilege."  With his age he is probably a drudge on society, requiring more than his share of health resources.  He is also undoubtedly conservative and all that being such entails.  Bad.  Very bad indeed.

Lucky Charms ~ Sir Charms, aka "Lucky the Leprechaun."  Spokesperson is depicted as a vertically challenged, stereotypical individual of European descent.  Evidently quite wealthy, known to be in possession of an entire pot full of gold, likely obtained through using his privileged status to unfairly take advantage of those far less fortunate - even those of his own heritage.  

Well?  What say ye?  Which of these vile individual will be first...?   :huh:  :rolleyes:

Cap'n Crunch | Heroes Wiki | Fandom                             lucky the leprechaun | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir                    

Tony the Tiger!

6 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Tony the Tiger!

Lordy... PETA's in on this now??   :huh:

44 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Well?  What say ye?  Which of these vile individual will be first...?   :huh:  :rolleyes:

None of the above.

Has to be Cocoa Puffs. A crazy orange chicken named Sonny running around proclaiming that "I'm crazy for Cocoa Puffs, crazy for Cocoa Puffs" has to be on the list. 

4 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

None of the above.

Has to be Cocoa Puffs. A crazy orange chicken named Sonny running around proclaiming that "I'm crazy for Cocoa Puffs, crazy for Cocoa Puffs" has to be on the list. 

Offensive to mental health or poultry advocacy groups?  Or both?   :huh:

44 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Lordy... PETA's in on this now??   :huh:

Are you kidding....both!

BTW, Am I the only one who's wondering what's in those Lucky Charms? Magically delicious? 

It won't be long til businesses can't be in the black anymore either as well as in the red! I say let's graffiti more downtown streets. It looks real nice now that it's wearing off and the plows are scraping it off. More thousands of tax payer dollars to repaint in the spring!

A good mate of mine  said the other day that he is not a racist but with everything that is going on they are making him one...he's right !!!  & I'm feeling the same way...sad times .

8 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I would not have the in the house ever anyway.

That's your choice, but no one has the right to force their choice on everyone else.  They are crossing a lot of barriers to get this BS pushed through.

9 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

My wife and I were just discussing this at breakfast yesterday morning while pouring syrup (yes, Mrs. Butterworth) over our pancakes.

We decided to keep the bottles and when we buy Log Cabin syrup next time, we'll just fill our Mrs. Butterworth bottle and let the tradition live on! ;)

Pretty soon they'll be after Log Cabin because, you know, Abe Lincoln was born in one.

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

That's your choice, but no one has the right to force their choice on everyone else.  They are crossing a lot of barriers to get this BS pushed through.

You’re right Forty. This post wasn’t about whether you like it or not or what kind of syrup you choose, it’s about the cancel culture crap that’s going on! 

Just came from the grocery store. There, I thoroughly examined a bottle of Mrs. Butterworth's syrup. Can't see any resemblance to a black person. Looks to me to be more European, maybe Dutch. If they just added some color to the clear plastic bottle they could avoid the confusion. I seem to remember the old commercial where they animated the bottle. Sounded more like my German grandma.

Oh, and Aunt Jemima's portrait is nowhere to be found on the bottle. Didn't check on Uncle Ben.

thanks John Kloehr,

my memory swerved apparently

she sounds sort of school teacher-like 

now I had to look her up

Mrs Butterworth voice actresses

84C3A9B7-A6FC-4550-9862-506EDF8E840B.jpeg

4 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Well?  What say ye?  Which of these vile individuals will be first...?   :huh:  :rolleyes:

Too late!

Rice Krispies was targeted months ago!

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/06/16/rice-krispies-racist-disgraced-labour-mp-targets-kellogs-cereal/

image.png.7da9d3841cffc6a2caae72bd5558c430.png

Archived