SASS Wire Forum

Yul Lose

I’m trying to find a pair of grip frames for a Ruger Old Army project and came across RW Grip Frames out of Houston, Texas. They have kind of a confusing website but I guess they’re working on it. They show some very interesting grip frame profiles and will build them out of brass or aluminum. Have any of you had dealings with them? They are fairly expensive so I’d like to find out a little bit about them before I take the leap. Thanks.

C9CE3A26-1638-4118-8391-2639ABB0F14E.jpeg

On 3/1/2021 at 5:08 AM, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Powers  Customs has top quality items.

OLG 

They don’t have the ones that I want.

Anybody????

I have not purchased any but they look very interesting. Investing 700.00 to check them, I thinking!

3 minutes ago, Ace Hanlon said:

I have not purchased any but they look very interesting. Investing 700.00 to check them, I thinking!

My thinking too. According to the owner everything is CNC made. Interesting grip frame choices for sure.

I like the Brass Bisley frames, But way out of my price range.Looks to be excellent quality.

2 hours ago, Major E A Sterner #12916 said:

I like the Brass Bisley frames, But way out of my price range.Looks to be excellent quality.

Yes, those are the frames that I’m interested in in brass for the ROA’s.

3 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Can't wait to see the grips 'Yul' have to make for'em. :D

OLG 

That’s the plan.

Rw grip frames are amazing,  better quality than any I've seen before.  They are cnc machined to exact spec.  He can make any grip possible.  There's a thread on single-actions forum about them , it's like 43 pages long, with pictures,  and explanations on the designs, they're awesome,  I have 2, and 3 more on the way. 

21 hours ago, Pleadthe2nd said:

Rw grip frames are amazing,  better quality than any I've seen before.  They are cnc machined to exact spec.  He can make any grip possible.  There's a thread on single-actions forum about them , it's like 43 pages long, with pictures,  and explanations on the designs, they're awesome,  I have 2, and 3 more on the way. 

Is this the article you speak of? 

https://singleactions.proboards.com/thread/26528/brass-grip-frames-ronnie-wells

OLG 

Archived