SASS Wire Forum

WTS. Like New, low round count. Uberti/Cimarron 1866 Carbine .44-40 .44 WCF. $995.00 Shipped!!

Low round count. Is the subject of my upcoming April Cowboy Chronicle article.  Like new.  Adjusted dead nuts on at 25 yards for 7.0 grain Trail Boss or Black Hills. factory ammo. Trigger pull a nice 3.5 to 4 lbs. Pistol in picture NOT included!   With original box and paperwork..  $995.00 including UPS ground and fully insured. (less than I paid!)  Make sure your FFL will receive from a private party with ID, or there will be a $40 charge to run it through a local FFL.Selling to fund another gun project.

1866c-2.jpg

1866c-1.jpg..jpg

• Tuolumne Lawman 6127 changed the title to WTS. Like New, low round count. Uberti/Cimarron 1866 Carbine .44-40 .44 WCF. $995.00 Shipped!!
10 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

How much trouble would it be cleaning this rifle inside the receiver if I shot black powder loads?

Cleaning bottle neck case cartridge guns after firing black powder is relatively easy.  I use a fired case to seal the chamber, swab out the bore, and wipe the rest down with patches.  Lube it all with Balistol.  I break the gun down about twice a year and do a complete cleaning, but I do this with my smokeless guns as well.  Don't forget the magazine tube when cleaning.  That said, Tuolumne Lawman is a great pard to do business with.  I bought my Deluxe Sporting rifle from him several years ago, and it was an easy transaction.

Easy.  Take out the side plate screw like a 1873 and pop them off.  It is NOT like a Henry where you have to slide them out.  Mostly I used the empty cartridge case in the chamber, and liberal squirt of Moose Milk (Balistol and water), or a mixture od 1/3 Murphy oil soap, 1/3 peroxide, and 1/3 alcohol douching the action.

You mean take off the sideplate screw and the lever pivot screw. Not quite as easy as a '73, but pretty easy. There are 4 '66's in my family that I clean and it is no big deal.

Trigger Mike, it is actually even easier than they said.  The brass has a very thin neck so it expands even with low pressure rounds to seal the chamber.  You can clean the action with one Q-tip.  Swab bore and done.  I take my 44-40 apart only once every few years.

2 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

How much trouble would it be cleaning this rifle inside the receiver if I shot black powder loads?

Really easy. 44 WCF seals the chamber exceptionally well. You'll only have to take the side plates off every few months if even that often shooting BP. I spray the carrier and bore with Murphy's mix, Clean the bore with a Remington SqueeGe pulled breech to muzzle with a cleaning cable. The follow up with a bore snake with some Ballistol on it. Lastly I wipe everything down with a reg damped with a little Ballistol.

somebody buy this already!!! I'm about to try to pawn my cat so I can if you don't! 

I don't need it *repeat to self indefinitely*

"you have 3 44/40's already" I says to self

"but none of them are a 66 carbine" says other self

"It'd go real sweet with that pair of omv in 44wcf on the next page"

:huh: who said that? 

i'm gonna have to boycott the classifieds til I get the notification that this thing sold. 

A '66 takes only marginally longer to remove the side plates, but with .44-40, it won't be necessary for awhile. Like Abilene said, just use a Q-tip after each match. ;)

4 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

I was hoping for an 1873 as I know how to take them apart.  I am thinking hard about getting this instead.  Likely will come morning.   Trying to save money but need to shoot my left over ammo in 44.40

Please buy this!

I am holding out for a Henry as I have a '73 already...

Archived