SASS Wire Forum

FS: Pair of Ruger Vaqueros 44-40! withdrawn for now

Jackson Haller

Hi all!

Bought these used awhile ago, thinking I'd like to try some shorter barreled RVs in 44-40.  Found out I like my looong barrels better so they are up for sale now!

These old model Ruger Vaqueros (with the bigger frames) have had some very fine upgrades by me; Hogue black micarta grips, cheap aluminum ejector rod housings have been replaced with Ruger factory blued steel ones, and the undersized cylinder throats of both have been professionally opened up by Bowen Calssic Arms Corp in TN (and reblued as well!).  Sights are unmolested; so the new owner can file to suit them.   (Serial numbers blurred electronically.) No rust/corrosion/'patina'; they are in excellent condition!

$1775 plus $85 for shipping, my FFL to your FFL. No dealers please; I would like these fine shooters to go to someone who wants to strap them on and get to shootin'!

(Top two pics are of the first one and bottom two are of the second one.)

THESEARE BACK UP FOR SALE HERE, AS A LOCAL SALE FELL THROUGH!

1667284214_ruger2left.jpg.bc867986194227c535f722a502a8df16.jpg1036140544_ruger2right.jpg.70e3234fabedefde43a055ba9b09f8cd.jpg1676762959_ruger1left.jpg.9b87c10526165603dc36c4dca114688d.jpg720331037_ruger1right.jpg.06122b6e19b673ffe478115a188b6d06.jpg

• Jackson Haller changed the title to FS: Pair of Ruger Vaqueros 44-40! Back up for sale!
2 minutes ago, Kid Rich said:

The set I have like those have a lot more wear on them than those. Nice pistols, you are tempting me.

kR

Go for it!

4 minutes ago, Kid Rich said:

The set I have like those have a lot more wear on them than those. Nice pistols, you are tempting me.

kR

Buy em' says I, you know you want a back up pair...

Plus, I really need you to remove the temptation.

22 minutes ago, vidette said:

Hell, I might just buy them to make you both regret it.  I can always go find some 44-40 dies.......

I don't think you'll do it :P

15 hours ago, vidette said:

Hell, I might just buy them to make you both regret it.  I can always go find some 44-40 dies.......

I double dog dare ya! :D

I’ve got a set of barely used RCBS 44-40 dies I can sell if that is all that’s holding you fellas back!

More to think on; Ruger made their 44-40s with the same size frame and barrels (.429) as their 44mag Vaqueros, so there is the potential of obtaining a  Ruger Blackhawk or Vaquero 44 mag cylinder and having it fitted to one of these 44-40s, giving one then a convertible, capable of shooting 44-40, 44mag and 44 spec.

Also, since Ruger used .429 barrels on these, some 44mag/44 special .430 bullets (not ammo!) could be used as well...

Hmmm, I'd better stop thinking about this, or I'll end up keeping them!

I shoot these as well. Perfect FC, FCD or FCGF pistols. I also found a 44 mag cylinder too! Works great.

Ruger isn't making these any longer and supply is drying up.

Sacramento is a stand up lady and I salute her for her "no dealer" policy!

6 hours ago, vidette said:

oh you guys

Looks to me like Ethan threw down the triple dog dare, Amigo.

Of course I only have one dog and she ain't in this fight. :D

• Jackson Haller changed the title to FS: Pair of Ruger Vaqueros 44-40! withdrawn for now

Archived