SASS Wire Forum

Cactus League!

Subdeacon Joe

I've been to several umpire clinics to get the season started.  I have three games scheduled this upcoming Saturday, and two the following Saturday.  I've been hired to umpire USSSA tournaments in Denver, you see.  The high school association begins training next week and I'll get some more games from them.

NO umpiring from the mound this year.  I told the league doing that I wasn't going to work for them anymore.  Fortunately, my name is getting out there and associations all over the state are trying to hire me :)  Of course it helps that there is a shortage of umpires, so that doesn't necessarily mean I'm the next Bill Klem.  But right now, I'll take it.  

1 hour ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

I've been to several umpire clinics to get the season started.  I have three games scheduled this upcoming Saturday, and two the following Saturday.  I've been hired to umpire USSSA tournaments in Denver, you see.  The high school association begins training next week and I'll get some more games from them.

NO umpiring from the mound this year.  I told the league doing that I wasn't going to work for them anymore.  Fortunately, my name is getting out there and associations all over the state are trying to hire me :)  Of course it helps that there is a shortage of umpires, so that doesn't necessarily mean I'm the next Bill Klem.  But right now, I'll take it.  

Do you wear a mask under your mask?

The home plate Ump at today's Nationals/Cardinals game did!

15 hours ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Checked our local channel for the Indians, playing Cincinnati today. Not televised( STO):(:angry::blush:

Nope, I listened to most of it on the radio. I don't know why STO doesn't televise these games. They're playing at 3:05 today also. 1100 am. Indians won yesterday 5-1 against the Reds.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Indians+reds+game+yesterday&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS718US725&oq=Indians+reds+game+yesterday&aqs=chrome..69i57.10946j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Archived