SASS Wire Forum

Prince of the Pistoleers, June 10-12, 2021

Parson Remington

Thanks for the vendor list. My wife, the Queen of Bling, is looking for a rifle reload ammo slide. Maybe I'll find one there.

See you in a few weeks.

Hide the chillins, the Arizona gang are coming.

We corrupt minors into shooting B Western.

On 3/27/2021 at 10:15 AM, Flinthills Dawg said:

Parson you forgot the Arabia boat museum

a coworker just told me about this, it looks Awesome!  

It and the other sites are well worth a visit when you come to shoot with us.  Spend the morning at Powder Creek, join us after for lunch (we goes as a group to a local Sport's bar) then visit one of the sites.  

• 2 weeks later...
Wanted!
Prince of Pisotleers 2021 Applications
Have you seen this Application? If so, we are requesting that you turn it into the proper authorities at once.
As a reward, we are offering a fun-filled weekend of Cowboy Action Shooting followed by a Fancy Dress Banquet.
Turn your application in as soon as possible. The deadline of June 1, 2021, is fast approaching, don't miss out on your opportunity to join in the fun!

Parson

We leave after our match, next sunday, and head your way. 

We'll be in KC Tuesday morning and at the range Thursday for registration and Wild Bunch.

Yehaww. Next shooter please.

Lookin' forward to seeing you both! I should be out there helping with the set up.  I will have a few coupons for some good bar-b-q.  Find me if you are interested.  I'll be the one acting like Chester, limping around.

8 minutes ago, Parson Remington said:

Lookin' forward to seeing you both! I should be out there helping with the set up.  I will have a few coupons for some good bar-b-q.  Find me if you are interested.  I'll be the one acting like Chester, limping around.

The wife and I love good BBQ.

You still planning to give me some competition this year?

46 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

The wife and I love good BBQ.

You still planning to give me some competition this year?

The only competition I have been offering is the BL category - Belly Laughs, otherwise called attempts at Frontiersman.  Shooting it this weekend in Iowa.  I am so intimidating that no one else opted to join me.  Seems they all wanted to be Classic Cowboys.  So, yeah, I will be smoking up the place between cap jams, fouled guns, and looking for your wise instruction in these 170 year old tools of mass frustration.  ;)

42 minutes ago, Tucker McNeely said:

Please post round count for Wild Bunch and Warm Up matches.  Thx, Tucker

From my confirmation letter:

Ammo Requirements

Lead bullets only and must meet current SASS guidelines for velocity and smoke (black powder categories). Shotgun shells must not exceed 3 dram/handicap velocity and use #7 ½ or smaller shot.

Main Match Round Count:

Pistol –100; Rifle – 100; Shotgun –55

Side Matches Round Counts:

Wild Bill Hickok Shootout     25 rounds        Fastest Pocket Pistol               5 rounds

Fastest Pistol                          10 rounds        Fastest Rifle                            10 rounds       

Cowboy 5 Stand                     25 rounds        Fastest Shotgun                      6 rounds         

Fastest Derringer                    2 rounds          Wild Bunch     60 .45ACP, 30 rifle, 20 Shotgun           

Six days away and counting; weather forecast is mid seventies when shooting starts, highs in the upper eighties in the mid afternoon and sunny.  Stages are covered, some shade from trees, but you may want an umbrella for additional shade and sun screen.  

196977151_2465989356878123_1760689889105975448_n.jpg

Archived