SASS Wire Forum

Has your spouse gave you a gun.

Pee Wee #15785

My first wife gave me a pair of 2nd gen 1851 Navies for our 10th annivesary.  I had them engraved by Sam Cherry.  Before she died she talked to Bill Grover and ordered a Texas Longhorn Arms, .44 WCF/.44 Mag 7 1/2" SAA with ivory grips for or 20th anniversary.  I don't know for sure who did the engraving on the TLA.  

Mine gave me my first Muzzleloader, a ,32 squirrel rifle 40 years ago.

Christmas gift.

Both my sons learned to shoot with this rifle.

I still shoot it.

--Dawg

She has not bought one for me, but I have bought one for her.

For our 25th Wedding Anniversary I bought her a stainless steel Smith & Wesson Snub nosed 357 Mag Revolver.  That is not exactly what she wanted.  Our next door neighbor owns jewelry stores, she took me to one and picked out diamond ear rings.

I thought since the 25th anniversary is the silver anniversary, I would purchase her the stainless revolver.  I told her the revolver had silver in the stainless, she didn't buy it.

My baby bought me a new Mini30 for Y2K and a new Colt Officers ACP .45. The mini is still in my safe but the Colt got traded for a Martini .17 cal custom rifle. An absolutely beautiful rifle and scope but it wouldn’t group so it got traded off for a 625 Smith .45acp Model of 1989. A great revolver that I’ve still got and will never get rid of. My gal tried cas but she wasn’t a shooter. She supported my hobby and we went to many state and regional shoots. She liked the outfits and feathery hats that she got to buy. Here she is at the Wyoming state match with my grandson who’s 21 now. 

30D4972A-7930-4AB5-B195-161F86FFCE2E.jpeg

Yes she has.  A Browning over and under about 50 years ago the gun has seen a lot of use and is still one of my go to's.  A few years later a Ruger M-77 in 25-06 it is going Antelope hunting with us this year.  As the years passed and my needs became more specialized she approves purchases rather than make them.  She 's one of a kind and I hope we get another 52 years. 

1 hour ago, Pee Wee #15785 said:

My first wife gave me a pair of 2nd gen 1851 Navies for our 10th annivesary.  I had them engraved by Sam Cherry.  Before she died she talked to Bill Grover and ordered a Texas Longhorn Arms, .44 WCF/.44 Mag 7 1/2" SAA with ivory grips for or 20th anniversary.  I don't know for sure who did the engraving on the TLA.  

Touching story, sorry for your loss. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Reb, SASS #54804 said:

never.  she has never even fired one.

My wife is one up on you wife.  Mine fired a 38 once.

My wife has bought me a .30 Carbine Blackhawk, a Ruger 10-22, a Marlin 336 in 30-30in the years prior to having kids,Nothing since,My oldest is 30, the youngest 27.

Guns are not Mrs. LL's thing.  She learned to shoot as a youngster at camp with a .22 rifle, but has not shot since.  She does not have a MA permit, and so cannot buy me a gun here.  For her, guns are like a mean junkyard dog; she really doesn't care to have one in the house, but it is comforting to her that one is nearby in case the need arises.

LL

Bragging here...

When I saw how wide eyed Shanley was after visiting EOT in 2006...I started saving here and there...

The next EOT we joined...and I saved more, here and there.

The third year I went in to Longhunters, and Shanley picked out his first set of pistols...USFA.

Then about 5 years later, I went back in and told Jim Finch to pick Shanley's brain on a rifle...his likes and such.

Jim handed me the info and the price...and it was bought for our anniversary... '73 all with the best actiin work.

Fast forward to 3 years ago...after Tbone had a Pro Steel match, and Kid Ricky Bobby lent him his gun...

I called Tbone and ordered his PCC rifle...Diamondback.

Last year, Tbone added a PCP match, 9mm pistol...

Needless to say we went for a lp/carbine monitor for the rug, and also left with a 9mm.

Those are ones I bought him....

We never really buy each other guns. What normally happens is that we'll be in a gun shop, gun show, at a match, or looking on the internet one of us will see a gun they want. At that point the conversation goes like this:

One: "If you want it get it."

The Other: "It's a lot of money and we have x, y or z expenses coming up"

One: "You have a ( insert -birthday, anniversary, or Christmas etc.) coming up we'll just figure that's your present." 

The Other: "I don't know..."

One: "Get it! You know you want."

At that point it's ka-ching and the money's out the door. Among the guns we've gotten this way - pretty much all my SASS guns, her Accu-shadow CZ, her SKS Trooper carbine, any number of 1911s (one hers, one ours and several of mine) etc.

I'm not sure we're good for each other :rolleyes:

Hmm, she knew I wanted a new carry gun and she knew what I wanted so she helped work out the details with the gun dealer so I could get my charter arms pro V for my birthday this last year.  She gave me a swfa ss 6x42 scope for my birthday two years ago or so...

Her father has given me a couple guns now.

Took her ten years of saving, but... 11 years late, I got a Shiloh Sharps for a graduation present... 

A little of topic but my Mom gave me a Colt Government Model .45ACP when I became a cryptologic analyst and spook. My TO weapon was a 1911A1 but I left it in the Armory and carried my blued .45. My issue .45 was pristine.  :) My blued model caught Holy Hell. Later, I gave that to my son but, being an officer, he carried that pissant 9mil.

My beloved mother also gave me one of the very first S%W .44 Magnums. Idaho moms are something else.  :wub:

Well this different, I gave my EX-WIFE a S&W .38 spl. Me and her and my two adult sons all went shooting. She couldn't handle the .38 so I gave it to my son and he bought his mom a Ruger .22 snubby. She shot my single action Ruger .22 and liked it but we thought for self defense she was better off with the DA.

We're friends BTW:D

Schoolmarm bought me a Uberti 1860 iron Henry for our anniversary one year!   She even had it slicked up and short stroked for me before she gave it to me!!

It's STILL often my main match rifle!!

yep 3 times with guns  long time ago.

S&W 686, Glock 17,  JW large Loop Winchester which my Daughter always wanted so she has it now.

Good old days of yester-years

12 hours ago, Colonel Kraken said:

One: "You have a ( insert -birthday, anniversary, or Christmas etc.) coming up we'll just figure that's your present." 

If that was how I got my guns, I'd be 150 years old by now with all the extra birthdays. 

My wife's spouse has given her a couple of guns through the years and she don't like any of them.  She only likes the ones she stole from me. 

She's given me a several.  Many years ago, my first muzzle loader, a T/C Hawken kit for Christmas; another Christmas, she gave me a Savage .17 HMR and when I retired the first time, she gave me a Citori Feather for a retirement gift.

Several, but the first, and still my favorite rifle, is a 24" octagonal, barreled , .44-40, Uberti '73that she had a ordered through a dealer for Christmas 1982.  She had the left side plate engraved with that info on it.

I gave her a  Ruger Bearcat (for a wedding present), a Charter Arms Undercover, and an M-1 Carbine. 

Yes, A Ruger 1911

She also knew I wanted a Sig 938 Texas Edition.

While she did not buy it herself and give to me.

She told me that I should run and buy it before it was gone.

Which I would not have done.   

Yep,  way back in about '79 , a Colt 1911, I still have,  a few years ag, a  Smith 625 JM,  and about 10 years ago a Shilo Sharps in 45-70.  

Archived