Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Shooter HITS the wrong target....WTC?


Recommended Posts

Nice job!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the good job you did.  been thinking videos would be helpful for some  time. I think videos for the 2 IMO misunderstood rules the cross draw dance and 170 violation would be helpful. 

 

EMN

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nicely done Branchwater.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

These videos are very helpful. Thanks, Jack!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Shooting a mine shaft/hallway. End of the string 2 shotgun targets at the end of the mine, two pistols targets outside a door to the left. Shotgun stage in that doorway.

 

shooter gets to the doorway, shoots one of the pistol targets with the shotgun, realizes the error and shoots the two end shotgun(makeup) targets and then correctly engages the pistol targets. 

 

P or no call?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SHOOTIN FOX said:

Shooting a mine shaft/hallway. End of the string 2 shotgun targets at the end of the mine, two pistols targets outside a door to the left. Shotgun stage in that doorway.

 

shooter gets to the doorway, shoots one of the pistol targets with the shotgun, realizes the error and shoots the two end shotgun(makeup) targets and then correctly engages the pistol targets. 

 

P or no call?

 

see the 4:20 mark in the video

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

I think BWJ just needs to do a whole SHB in video format! :ph34r:

We are trying to stay away from death by powerpoint.

 

Besides, the metrics show that we have an attention span of around 4 minutes...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the video not returning pistols to leather unless otherwise instructed is a procedural, I have seen many shooters stage their pistols on the table and never get called. Do we need to call this more often or is it a rule that many don't know?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Lonesoms Al SASS37893 said:

According to the video not returning pistols to leather unless otherwise instructed is a procedural, I have seen many shooters stage their pistols on the table and never get called. Do we need to call this more often or is it a rule that many don't know?

You need to dig a little deeper ...

 

SHB pg 14

Quote

Revolvers are returned to leather (re-holstered in a safe condition) at the conclusion of the shooting string, unless the stage description specifically directs otherwise (e.g., “move to the next position and set gun on table or prop”). A shooting string is defined as shots from one type of firearm prior to the next type of firearm engaged.

 

As long as they are holstered before firing the next type of firearm, no call. If they they are the last gun fired, you can holster after the last shot without penalty. 

 

Gunfighters who have to split pistols MUST ground them on a table or prop and may not holster them. They may also decide to shoot double duelist.

 

SHB pg 7

Quote

o A Gunfighter may not holster revolvers with the intent to engage another revolver sequence.

o Stage design may allow a competitor shooting Gunfighter style to stage or restage revolvers between target sequences. If the shooter’s hands are otherwise constrained (e.g., rolling the dice between revolver sequences), the revolvers must be drawn and shot one at a time (double duelist) unless they can be safely staged rather than holstered. In this case, both revolvers may be employed at the same time for the first five rounds, safely restaged, and then employed at the same time again for the second five rounds.

 

Edited by Branchwater Jack SASS #88854
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

We are trying to stay away from death by powerpoint.

 

Besides, the metrics show that we have an attention span of around 4 minutes...

Oh, we don't want any Power Point presentation, we want your smiling face talking us through the sometimes confusing rules of the SHB. I work for the government and know all about death by Power Point, no thanks. Kidding aside, you do a great job of making things clear and breaking down a situation that we can understand more clearly. The writers of the SHB have a big job as they try to get everything in and explained and it is hard doing it in a not-too-long booklet. Your video(s) help and we thank you. :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.