SASS Wire Forum

Dr. Suess ?????

Rye Miles #13621

I want specifics.

If somebody says Huckleberry Finn is racist, because they constantly referred to Jim as "the evil N word", and treated him like property, by selling him and buying him and stealing him...

Well, they would be wrong. but at least they would have something to point to to back up their wrong opinion.

You say Dr Seuss is racist? Show me the book and the paragraph. I want to see it. If you cannot point it out to me and say, "See, this passage is racist", then you are full of it.

I woke up with a headache, I'm barely into my first cup of coffee and you post this? You're just a little ray of sunshine, aren't you?

As for the link... Idiots abound.

3 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I want specifics.

If somebody says Huckleberry Finn is racist, because they constantly referred to Jim as "the evil N word", and treated him like property, by selling him and buying him and stealing him...

Well, they would be wrong. but at least they would have something to point to to back up their wrong opinion.

You say Dr Seuss is racist? Show me the book and the paragraph. I want to see it. If you cannot point it out to me and say, "See, this passage is racist", then you are full of it.

Even if someone were to point out "racist themes" with anti-Japanese sentiment in the years spanning 1941-1943, I would tell them to judge a person from the lens of their time, not ours. Then tell them they're full of it.

His WWII anti-Japanese-American cartoons have hardly been a secret. I saw some of them many years ago. I remember one where very slant-eyed buck-toothed Japanese-Americans were lining up at a telephone eager to call in information to Japan. Not very appealing, to say the least. And not just now; there were many people back then who objected to these depictions.

It was the times, and his work 'atoned' for it many times over, if that's the word. After all, it was Franklin Roosevelt who put them in the camps...but then the cancellation project is underway with him, too.

Liberals hate Dr. Suess partly because he's a fellow Dartmouth alum.  That's the only conservative school in the Ivy League. Harvard sweeties call us "Furry Animals in Hip Boots or "Thugs of the Ivy League". Laura Ingraham of Fox News is a contemporary alumna.

Archived