SASS Wire Forum

Super Blackhawk Hammers.

Heybob

Hi to all members.

can any member tell me what the "Ruger Super Blackhawk Hammers" manufacturing number is please. The number I require is for SBH hammers that drop in to the "Ruger New Vaquero". Hope you guys can help. Thank you. Heybob.

Manchester is correct.  These are the lower hammers you want.  You should be able to drop these right into your NMVs.

The picture in the link above is not correct, however.  The spur on SB hammer is lower than the one that is pictured.  The wrong picture has been on this product for over a year.  I don't know why Midway doesn't fix it.

Hi Manchester & TN Mongo, thank you both for your help, I now know what I am looking at. I will get the assembly Manchester, thank you. Regards. Heybob.

3 minutes ago, Heybob said:

Hi Rainmaker, they look so good. Wish I could send mine to you, but we have problems getting springs and pins. Heybob.

You can use the pins spring and plungers from the hammers you take out. They interchange. You can also make the pins from 1/16 hardend steel drill bits. Lassiter told me this tip and they are stronger. You can cut the bits to length with a dremmel cut off wheel. You can get 5 bits for a buck at harbor freight. 

Archived