SASS Wire Forum

Honoring the Classic Cowboy and Cowgirl Shootists for 2020-Asa Smith and Boss Shamrock

Dragon Hill Dave #59561

Thursday evening at Winter Range is traditionally when we hold the Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Dinner at the Buffalo Chip and recognize our winners for the previous year by awarding them a  personalized buckle reflecting our appreciation for their efforts to represent and advance the Classic category.  That would have been today, February 25th, if the Covid crisis had not caused the cancellation of Winter Range 2021. It is a shame that our 2020 winners Asa Smith and Boss Shamrock were denied this recognition, but perhaps this post will make up for that. We will get their buckles to them, just with a little less fanfare.

Thanks to both of you for being willin' and advancing the Classic category.

Congratulations to both of these fine Classics !!

A hearty CONGRATS to both.

If they are going to Land Run, how about having a dinner/gathering/personal recognition for them there?

I don't know either of these folks but anyone who wins the CC Shootist award has to, by definition, be a cut above the pack. Congratulations!

6 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

A hearty CONGRATS to both.

If they are going to Land Run, how about having a dinner/gathering/personal recognition for them there?

Good idea. They are both scheduled to be at Land Run. Will work on that.

Asa will need a bigger hat.  I’m sure Insanity will keep him grounded.  But seriously, I’ve shot with Asa for a decade and enjoy every time I get to shoot with him.  Well deserved.

Thank you for selecting Boss as the classic cowgirl, we always need more excuses to harass or is it hazing 3 Shot, her loyal gun cart pusher.  Another fine pair of SASS members.   

Good selections Dave.

So happy to hear these two are being recognized for this! Two great people right there! Congrats Asa and Boss, see you at Land Run!    SCJ

None finer. 

When we started Asa was there with help, guidance and a great attitude.  He is the perfect Ambassador. 

Boss is always a pleasure and likely qualifies for Sainthood to tolerate 3 Shot for low these years.  Considering all she has to regularly work through her good spirits are a testament to how deserving of this she is.

We are all richer for their involvement.

Haven't had the pleasure of meeting either but maybe someday down the road. Congrats from another Classic.

Congrats to both of you. I always have a great time shooting with you. You represent the CC/CCG community very well. Great Job to both of you!!!! I only wish Boss could find a quieter cart pusher or one that listened to the stage instructions. LOL

Love you guys

Sneaky

Archived