SASS Wire Forum

Really neat from Hunter Company

DeaconKC

This is really something neat. A few weeks ago I sent an email to Hunters Co about one of their holsters fitting a Schofield. Surprisingly, I got an answer back from their VP. He asked several questions about CAS that I answered, and I made a couple of suggestions for things they were making that needed some cartridges added for us. Today I got an email telling me they have now added loading strips in .38, and shell holders for 20 Gauge! He was very nice and said they are looking forward to getting more into CAS support and goods!

I've purchased two hunter's brand items recently that were rather old.  One item was brand new old stock, one was pretty used.  I don't know when they were manufactured, but on both of them, the leather is in good shape but the stitches have become brittle and snapped in places.  Some of it is in easy to access areas and I'll just rethread it after I get to Hobby lobby and pick up some more leather needles (I believe I have broken all the ones I bought over 10 years ago).  Some of the stitching, I'd have to undo more stitching to fix.  If you talk to the VP again, find out if they have upgraded to something like Dyneema for their stitches.  It'll make the products last much longer in my opinion, but there may be other concerns like uv degradation that he may know better than me.

Archived