SASS Wire Forum

91 years old and still on the job - policeman

Patagonia Pete

My granddad was Killed in the line of duty at the Age of 93 in Denmark , he was Chief of the police force at the time .

Jabez Cowboy

13 minutes ago, Patagonia Pete said:

Well ... here is someone that likes their job. My very best wishes to Buckshot Smith! :lol: 

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-56204309

My apologies if this is a duplicate post ... 

The things he's seen and done - civilian salute to him!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I wonder if he started as a jailer?

It doesn't say he's been a cop for 56 years. Says he's been working in law enforcement. A black man hired as a police officer in 1965 in Arkansas???

But I can easily see a black man hired in the sixties in the South as a jailer, and then in the seventies transitioning to Police department.

SALUTE!!!

When I was working, I traveled to Camden, Arkansas, for missile tests at the testing facility there. 

Didn't see Buckshot, but I was trying to behave myself when there.  ^_^

19 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I wonder if he started as a jailer?

It doesn't say he's been a cop for 56 years. Says he's been working in law enforcement. A black man hired as a police officer in 1965 in Arkansas???

But I can easily see a black man hired in the sixties in the South as a jailer, and then in the seventies transitioning to Police department.

Yeah ... well ... I found a article from 2019 ... when he was about to turn 91 .. AND ...

it says ... (lots of other good info in this article too) ...

>> 

Buckshot’s career began at the Ouachita County Sheriff’s Office, which is where he met his current police chief 30 years ago.

“I was a jailer when I started, and he was my supervisor and over the years, we continued to work in the same field,” Buckshot recalls. “I just worked myself on up.”

Buckshot worked in Ouachita County for 46 years before retiring in 2010. His retirement didn’t last long. After five months, he decided to join the Camden Police Department in 2011.

<<

https://www.fox16.com/news/special-reports/special-report-94-year-old-camden-police-officer-dedicates-life-to-serving-others/

Archived