SASS Wire Forum

American's in 2021 could set a record for gun sales.

Raylan

The perfect storm, national riots and then election of an administration hostile to gun rights. Ammo manufacturers would be wise to invest in building new plants and capacity. Yes it would take 3 to 4 years to bring them on line, but with increased firearm ownership, increasing concealed carry, and a pattern of consumers rushing to buy ammo and guns in panics 2 to 3 times a decade, they would benefit and make back any investment in a few years. I don't expect the ammo shortage to end for at least 3 years at this point, maybe longer. Gun availability will come back first, you can still get guns at reasonable prices it just takes awhile, if you are patient. Ironically there are so many manufacturers of guns for concealed carry and for AR15's that they will be the most available. The AR15 is already the single most popular design for rifles sold and millions more are being made and sold out the door as we speak along with 10's of millions of "standard capacity" magazines. Common use?

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2021/02/could-gun-sales-in-2021-shatter-the-records/

On the ammo front, my last three visits to Bass Pro found some ammo in stock; they bring it in on those rolling steel shelves.

At my local store, they now have a clerk standing at these shelves. It's always a mixed bag, this time they had a lot of .45 Colt, so I picked up a box; I have quite a bit in stock. They had .300 Win Mag, .308 and a few other rifle rounds. .45 acp; no 9mm.

Last week I picked up three boxes of .38spl there, topping up my supply.

In short, more and more is gradually making it to the stores.

At LGS today. They had primers but were at service desk. $9.99/100. There were partial pallets on the floor of 9mm. $35/50. I saw something I haven't seen for a while. They had bulk boxes of plated bullets for loading in several different calibers. Shotgun shells in supply but not great selection. Shotgun components were plentiful at regular pricing but I didn't see shotgun primers. (I wasn't really looking) They move some aisles around and the powder wasn't where it usually was and I didn't look for it. Regular ammo was available but I didn't look real close at calibers available because I wasn't looking for any in particular.

Sig had 9mm JHP available on their website today. I was able to pick some up before they sold out. Still slim, but encouraging signs!

2 hours ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

At LGS today. They had primers but were at service desk. $9.99/100. There were partial pallets on the floor of 9mm. $35/50. I saw something I haven't seen for a while. They had bulk boxes of plated bullets for loading in several different calibers. Shotgun shells in supply but not great selection. Shotgun components were plentiful at regular pricing but I didn't see shotgun primers. (I wasn't really looking) They move some aisles around and the powder wasn't where it usually was and I didn't look for it. Regular ammo was available but I didn't look real close at calibers available because I wasn't looking for any in particular.

If that’s the LGS I think it is, I was at one of their other stores and those primers were $7.99 for 100 just two weeks ago now they’re $9.99??? I think there’s some gouging going on!! I’m beginning to hate that place. (FFF)

Archived