SASS Wire Forum

USPS Speeds... Not Getting Better!

Cholla

I ordered an M1 Garand part on eBay two days ago. It shows shipped First-class and the USPS has it in their care. The expected arrival time just updated (downgraded) to March 22nd. I have no idea when this will improve. At least now they are being honest...

Priority from Dillon shipped on Feb. 16. No tracking shown since it  departed. Although it did go back and forth twice from Scottsdale to Phoenix and now vanished.

My wife told me UPS has issued a notice that the weather in the Midwest and Texas has everything stopped up. I assume the USPS is impacted the same way.

Yep.  Current weather is a problem Neither rain nor sleet nor snow nor dark of knight shall stay the postman from his rounds.  Of course, the current Postmaster General is hell bent on dismantling the US Postal Service.

I received a box of 1000+ bullets yesterday (Wed 2/24) that had been shipped from CA on Monday (2/22). Went clear across the country in 3 days in a 23 lb priority mail box. The check that I paid for the bullets with took 10 days to get to CA in 1st class mail. Figure that one out.

52 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

I received a box of 1000+ bullets yesterday (Wed 2/24) that had been shipped from CA on Monday (2/22). Went clear across the country in 3 days in a 23 lb priority mail box. The check that I paid for the bullets with took 10 days to get to CA in 1st class mail. Figure that one out.

Your bullets had a tail wind? :P

Here's a good one for you,  I sent a package to SC on december 7th, on January 20th it was checked into Atlanta, It's still out for delivery... They must have been too busy stuffing ballots or something...

If you think USPS is slow, try UPS Mail Innovations. Not only do you get the snail-like speed of UPS, but then whatever you're waiting on gets into the clutches of the US Postal Service and it goes on from there... :D 

Well, this is differrent, I mailed 2 packages on the 22nd. One arrived yesterday and the other is marked delivered as of today. USPS

USPS is a dinosaur that has lived past its usefulness.  The only reason (IMHO) it isn't extinct is because of the union donations it provides.

I sent a postal money order from Helena, Montana to Tipton, Michigan on the 16th - I just contacted the seller and it hasn't arrived yet as of today.

Archived