SASS Wire Forum

January, 2021 Cowboy Chronicle

J-BAR #18287

I got my hardcopy in the mail today, and think it is a gem.  Lots of action photos and interesting articles.  My congratulations to editor Skinny, his staff, and the authors for a fine issue.  I’m one of those throwbacks that prefer a magazine I can hold rather than an online publication.  This is one I will save.

6 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

I got my hardcopy in the mail today, and think it is a gem.  Lots of action photos and interesting articles.  My congratulations to editor Skinny, his staff, and the authors for a fine issue.  I’m one of those throwbacks that prefer a magazine I can hold rather than an online publication.  This is one I will save.

My daughter said mine arrived at the house. 

I also MUCH prefer a paper book/magazine.  That said, electric is nice when you're away from home for extended periods of time.

I also prefer the paper version.

I use them for recruiting.

I like the hard copies as well. It would also be nice to see Alias's in the captions.

Given that it seems most prefer a written copy and having read that the cost to run the glossy magazine style is too high for monthly publishing here’s an idea.  If I’m correct years ago the Chronicle was in newspaper form.  I wonder if that cost is considerably less and if SASS would consider that form for the months that are only electronic.  I almost hate to say this but maybe it would be an added cost as a subscription for just the newspaper copy to pards that want it that way.  If you don’t want to pay for the paper copy than it would still be available free online. 

They should talk to the folks over at "Muzzle Blasts". They put out a nice magazine every month and membership is less expensive. Maybe they have way more members however. The newspaper print would be fine by me, I miss having it next to my recliner to cover the time commercials take up.

Archived