SASS Wire Forum

M-31 cavalry boots

Forty,

Did you look at CABOOTS?

It's been a few years but I had them make me a pair and I really like the way they turned out.  I will say that I went to the shop and had Joey do all the foot/calf measurements.  These are the boots I wear for all matches.

I bought my cavalry boots from C&C Sutlery in Emmet, Idaho several years ago (12EE). I paid more at the time than the price listed now so I cannot vouch for the quality of the current offering but it is a place to check.

Did you buy the boots to walk around downtown PV, hang out at the Palace, volunteer at Sharlot Hall, or are you going to come visit us at Granite Mountain Outlaws and just want to dress to impress?

9 hours ago, Hendo said:

Mind if I ask from where?

What Price Glory. It's a military stuff store.  These items are being dropped and they are getting anymore.  They say they haven't sold well.Largest size is 11 and you may have to get someone to "tighten" the uppers as the manufacturer in Whonose Where, Ethiopia, is under the impression that Americans have fat calves....the ones below the knee, not the ones getting breakfast from mama in the pasture.  Be prepared for sticker shock.  They go for about $250.00.

Their website is confusing so you may want to call them.

9 hours ago, Cholla said:

Did you buy the boots to walk around downtown PV, hang out at the Palace, volunteer at Sharlot Hall, or are you going to come visit us at Granite Mountain Outlaws and just want to dress to impress?

Have an old photo of Dad taken about 1937.  He's wearing a pair of these with some jodhpurs (not really wide like Patton's), a military style work shirt with shoulder straps, a fedora, and a necktie.  He never left the house without a hat and quite often wore a tie even when working out doors.

He is posed with his foot on the running board of an old Apperson Jackrabbit automobile, and he's holding his Remington Model 8 which he bought a few yers later and which I now own.

I have played with the idea of duplicating that pic as close as I can.  The car will be the biggest challenge.  Almost no one has ever heard of the Appersons.

I just want to walk around downtown and see what comments and looks I can get.  Might wear them to parties and lunches, too, and most certainly to the range just because.

Archived