SASS Wire Forum

When you give an inch they want miles and miles

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I say cancel the use of their name. 

Jeep should consider renaming that vehicle the “Paleface”...or better yet the “Pioneer”. 

Great idea, I never thought of that! The he%% with them!! I like the Pioneer myself! 

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I say cancel the use of their name. 

Jeep should consider renaming that vehicle the “Paleface”...or better yet the “Pioneer”. 

The Cowboy.

AIM started that crap with Felony State University Florida State University back years and years ago.

The Seminole Nation spoke up and pointed out that the Criminoles Seminoles were in contact with the tribe and had their permission and approval for their use of the name and how they were portrayed (right down to the game opening sequence with Oceola, Renegade and the flaming spear being stabbed at the center of the field). 

They also suggested that AIM go back to Oklahoma and do something worthwhile on the reservations instead of meddling in affairs that didn't involve them.

40 minutes ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Jeep has used "Pioneer" as a model name.

1984 - the first year of production of the "modern" Jeep Cherokee - we bought our first Jeep, a Pioneer.  Loved it, and began a 37 year relationship with a series of 6 Jeeps - Pioneer, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, Grand Cherokee Limited, Liberty, and Wrangler Unlimited. 

Before I paid any extortion demand, I'd drop the "Indian" names and use Cowboy, Custer, Cavalry, Pilgrim, Pioneer, Trapper, Settler, Sodbuster, and every other frontier-related name I could think of that specifically excluded Indians.  

LL

PS:  Given the Jeep's WWII heritage, how about some WWII-related names?

LL

10 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

PS:  Given the Jeep's WWII heritage, how about some WWII-related names?

LL

I've seen some Korean made vehicles with a WWII acronym on it---KIA.

2 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

I've seen some Korean made vehicles with a WWII acronym on it---KIA.

The word Kia comes from the Chinese language with the first syllable Ki meaning to arise or come up out of. The second part of the word, a referes to Asia.

Interesting, since the name "Cherokee" actually is a bastardization of the Choctaw name (Cha-la-kee) for "people who live in mountains".  In the Cherokee language, they refer to themselves as "Aniyvwiya", or principal people.  

On 2/24/2021 at 4:02 AM, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

In the Cherokee language, they refer to themselves as "Aniyvwiya", or principal people.  

Ain't that the way of all of the tribal languages everywhere?  The speaker's tribe are The People, The True People, Chosen People,etc....

too many people spend too much time being offended - they dont have any time to enjoy life , but theirs are just as short as the rest of ours ........

im voting on renaming the jeep the "longknife" 

If I was Jeep, I would tell the Cherokee Nation to pound sand. They do not own the name. Them being upset because Jeep calls one of their cars Cherokee would be like Elizabeth II raising hell because Thomas sells English muffins. Or maybe the premiere of France getting upset with Kraft because they sell French dressing.

Archived