SASS Wire Forum

day 8..9...10....12 ...20..?? of 2 day fed ex???

Chili Ron

Howdy,

Is anyone else having problems with fed ex?

Two day delivery is on day eight.....

The package seems to be in Memphis...

weather there today was 53 and sunny,

brutal conditions in anyones book.

Just wondering, pards.

Best

CR

Yes 20 days for fed ex two day delivery....amazing....

31 minutes ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

Is anyone else having problems with fed ex?

Two day delivery is on day eight.....

The package seems to be in Memphis...

weather there today was 53 and sunny,

brutal conditions in anyones book.

Just wondering, pards.

Best

CR

Storm and China flu must have really hit Memphis.  I’ve got two orders setting in Memphis for days.

I also have an USPS order that keeps getting getting checked into Indianapolis and then checked out and checked in and out and in and ...

I had a package mailed to me just before the PO closed Friday night in Alto Loma. CA.  It was on my porch when I got back from some errands at about noon today.

I had  FedEx package take seven days to get here from Phoenix two weeks ago.  I CAN WALK to Phoenix in seven days, even with my shot-to-hell feet and legs.

My order submitted to the supplier, and shipped from the supplier on the 11th, with two day shipping, has not arrived yet.  It is being shipped by Fed Ex.

The same storm that pounded Texas also pounded Memphis and the rest of West Tennessee with 10 inches of snow and frigid temperatures. First the snow closed the airport then they lost water due to the cold and had to remain closed due to a complete lack of functional bathrooms. Memphis one of several FedEx hubs and IIRC is their largest. 

Travelers relieved Memphis International Airport has reopened after the winter storm caused cancellations

Many across Shelby County suffer from little to no water access

UPS was late with mine.

Originally, I was due to receive a pkg on 2/16.

Then I got a 2nd email stating my pkg was due on 2/17.

THEN, on the 19th, I received a 3rd email stating my pkg would be delivered on  2/22.

YES, I received it this afternoon  (2/22).

..........Widder

I'm just pending now.

OTOH i ordered a sway hitch ball off ebay Saturday afternoon and it was in my mailbox when I got home Monday via Amazon drop ship.

USPS was supposed to be delivered 2/18 from Massachusetts.  That night the tracking indicator said shipping delayed and changed the delivery date.  Since then the same note that delivery is delayed and the delivery date gets changed.  Remember, if we don't like it we are free to invest billions of dollars into our own delivery system.

On 2/22/2021 at 9:50 PM, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

No need to pay for shorter days delivery because these days it won't happen. It is what it is.

Great point! Why do we pay for faster delivery and then don’t get it? Can we get a refund?!

Just got a FedEx delivery yesterday. 2  hours later got an e-mail notice it would be a couple days late.:rolleyes:

My USPS order from Dillon however  was shipped Priority on Feb. 16 and shows it went to Scottsdale and Phoenix twice and no tracking since. Just the same message Pettifogger got!

I sent out a package Ground on the 16th as I didn't feel like paying the extra for Priority, it was delivered across the country the next day!

on the bright side:  had a package delieved that had no address remaining on box.  It had been completely rubbed off--like the box was at the bottom of a container and moved around as it was driven from St Louis to Houston--both sides

still got to me!!!

haven't figured out how they knew it was mine

Its moving again!

Remember allow 6-8 weeks for delivery? I'd order stuff and forget I ordered it before it got delivered. It was a surprise to come home to boxes

It is really hit and miss and will depend on weather and other things.  I had a package mailed from one north central Texas to another right before the winter storm hit and it took 12 days to get to me.  I just had a package mailed to me from New York State Monday and got it today here in north central Texas so that is 3 days.  Both USPS.

14 hours ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

on the bright side:  had a package delieved that had no address remaining on box.  It had been completely rubbed off--like the box was at the bottom of a container and moved around as it was driven from St Louis to Houston--both sides

still got to me!!!

Dead letter office. It must have had the info inside like on the copy of your order.  We had a package delivered the same way.

Something else to consider, some states close the highways to tractor trailers if there is a storm.  I know Connecticut closed the highways to tractor trailers for a day or two a couple of weeks ago and the storm only dropped a foot of snow, hardly a major snowstorm by Northeast standards.

My package has suddenly made it to New Hampshire. If all goes well it will be here tomorrow, only a week late for Priority mail!

PKG #1 showed up this afternoon. Got a nice e-mail notice it was delivered complete with a pic of it on my steps. Never heard the delivery guy, neither did the dogs! Now I'm wondering if number two is gonna pop up tomorrow.:blink::rolleyes::blush:

• Chili Ron changed the title to day 8..9...10....11 of 2 day fed ex???
On 2/24/2021 at 11:20 AM, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

still got to me!!!

Uh oh, they know who you are and what you buy!!!:P

I order small parts from Europe and Japan. (because they are not made in US)

On Feb 8th I ordered 2 parts.

@ different sellers.

Received e-mail confirmation of orders with suggested delivery date.

#1 was Mar 7t and # 2 was April 14th.

Both arrived last Tuesday.

#2 was the correct part but the wrong model.

I can currently e-mailing to get corrected.

Mean time I found the correct part from another seller with a US warehouse.

Ordered yesterday and is scheduled to be here next week.

Yes the sellers have return policy but the cost for me to send back is more than the cost of the parts and shipping from them.

So I have another part for my spare parts box.

I will use it, just not on this project.

I stopped paying for faster shipping more than a year ago.

Regular shipping is slower but usually by only 2 or 3 days.

And as this thread indicates, Priority seems to get routes all over the world before it gets where it is suppose to go, even if its just across town.

• Chili Ron changed the title to day 8..9...10....12 ...?? of 2 day fed ex???

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I got a notification that my Ruger New Vaquero was shipping from New Hampshire on Weds morning. The notice said they would deliver Friday (yesterday). It actually got to me yesterday before noon. :)

Probably flew from New England to LA. 

I emailed my supplier to ask if they could light a fire under FedEx as I too have a pacage that's been taken a long vacation in Memphis TN.  

Here is the reply from my Supplier:

"All of the packages we send via FedEx Express 2-Day are shipped by air and go through the FedEx Express air hub in Memphis, TN.  This hub was impacted by severe winter weather for multiple days last week and this is causing delays with many of our shipments.  The weather has improved and packages are starting to move but there is a backlog that will take some time to clear.  Once the backlog is cleared, delivery times will return to the usual 2 business day transit.

We are seeing lots of movement with existing packages but still have over 1000 in a delayed state.  Our FedEx rep has indicated that nearly everything will be caught up by early next week.  There is, unfortunately, no way for us to get a specific package moving amongst the millions of delayed packages.

I apologize for the delay and we appreciate your patience and understanding.  Please rest assured that if your shipment becomes lost or missing we will replace it."

I was my LGS today and one of the managers was telling me they have a bunch of guns in limbo in the east due to the weather delays. He hinted they had a couple of Blackhawks stuck in Memphis...possibly one of MY NEW BLACKHAWKS! They need to get this fixed!!! :D

Archived