SASS Wire Forum

Robert Sheffey

Robert Sheffey

1st of all welcome.

2nd introduce yourself on the SASS Wire part of the forum instead of the Classifieds. 

3rd if you're new that can't be your SASS #  in your profile. 

About the lowest price I've seen here lately was $1300, shipped, for a pair of 4 5/8" stainless .357 New Vaqueros w/SBH hammers & action job - they were snapped up by a dealer 7 minutes after posting.

Somewhere in the $700 range for stock .357's or .45's seems to be about the going rate.

I just paid $807 for an "as new in box" 4 5/8" stainless New Vaquero with all the paperwork, box, lock, even the yellow empty cylinder indicator thingie. Of course, the ".44 Special" marking had a little to do with it. ;)

Welcome to the place!

And don't forget, you can always make an offer to one of our dealers here.

Welcome Robert to the best game and folks goin.

Prices do vary according to work that has been done. I see them average in the $1200- $1400. Be fast on the replies. Also, you may check with John Barleycorn

5a2a989e95497_SASSWelcome.JPG.ed5045d9abb98d8837093843c187d2e5.JPG

2 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

About the lowest price I've seen here lately was $1300, shipped, for a pair of 4 5/8" stainless .357 New Vaqueros w/SBH hammers & action job - they were snapped up by a dealer 7 minutes after posting.

Somewhere in the $700 range for stock .357's or .45's seems to be about the going rate.

I just paid $807 for an "as new in box" 4 5/8" stainless New Vaquero with all the paperwork, box, lock, even the yellow empty cylinder indicator thingie. Of course, the ".44 Special" marking had a little to do with it. ;)

Three Foot is absolutely correct.

If you want to actually stand a chance at a pair, you’d better have all day, every day to watch the classifieds. Have alert notifications to watch them while you pee, and NEVER hesitate for a second. Be definitive with an “I will take them!” reply to the first set that meets your needs or wants.

If you neglect to do any one of these things, you will ultimately have to  pay the mark up imposed by the dealers  that lurk here at ALL times.

It will not be easy, of this I assure you.  

I know Robert. He has been a good supporter and longtime vendor. He does some very nice leather work. If you have seen the three legged stools the winners at Winter Range and some other shoots...Gunsmoke being one...his business is Logo’s Leathercraft. This should clear up a little confusion as to his SASS number.

My LGS has 2 .45 Colt New Vaqueros in stock at reasonable price and he will ship. PM me for his info.

Prices are all over the place right now.   45's are going for a little less than .357s   My local gun store is selling some in 45 Colt for 639.00 +tx   He can't get .357s.  He has a new pair on that a seller put on consignment, and the seller wants $2K for the pair.   

You could always shoot age based and find a pair of Blackhawks.

56 minutes ago, twelve mile REB said:

You could always shoot age based and find a pair of Blackhawks.

B western can use Blackhawks as well. 

another reb agreeing with 12 mile reb. blackhawks are usually a little less expensive. they will get you started. ( I have used blackhawks my entire time in sass)

13 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

My LGS has 2 .45 Colt New Vaqueros in stock at reasonable price and he will ship. PM me for his info.

They had the pair, blued 5 1/2" for 759 each.

Archived