SASS Wire Forum

Contagion (Movie from 2011)

My wife and I went to see this movie on date night. Very good movie.

A funny story about that movie is that I had a severe cold when we went to watch it and about 2/3 thru the movie my DayQuil wears off. So, by the end of the movie I sounded like an extra in the movie. I think it made a few viewers uncomfortable.

EJ

Before the great pandemic I use to go to two or three movies a week.  (Especially in the summer when it is 110+ outside.)  So a ten year old movie is ancient history.  There are an amazing number of "pandemic" movies on Netflix, Prime, and other streaming services that were made before the pandemic started and many are eerily similar.  Except, of course, that you catch it, there is no cure, and you drop dead in 48 hours or less.  A few examples:  Into the Night (Russia),  The Barrier (Spain), The Rain (Denmark) and Containment (USA).  Containment takes place in Atlanta and in the local CDC offices that are just outside the "Containment" wall.

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, Wilfredarsh said:

i also want to watch the movies of the 2011s, does anyone know how to watch the movies of these years?

DVDs

You can watch it on Amazon Prime as a $3.99 rental. Not sure about Netflix. 

When this CoVid virus took off I had fantasies about being Omega Man. When I was a kid and even in early adulthood I was fascinated by “end of the world“ books and movies. 
One day I was riding my bike home from work on the 405 freeway last April or May and the most eerie feeling took over. There was no one on the freeway ahead of me and there was no one behind me that I could see. I was the only vehicle in 5 lanes of roadway. That was when I decided I really didn’t want to be Omega Man. 

Contagion and Containment and movies like them do not interest me any longer. I don’t like people generally. I don’t like being around a lot of people. I guess I am a bit introverted in some ways. But that day on the freeway, I decided I must like people more than I thought I did. 

Now that things are getting back to almost normal I kind of miss riding the freeways like Mad Max going like a bat out of hell and no cops anywhere. It was rather fun. :D

Now there are a bunch of people in the way…

On 2/23/2021 at 6:45 PM, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Before the great pandemic I use to go to two or three movies a week.  (Especially in the summer when it is 110+ outside.)  So a ten year old movie is ancient history.  There are an amazing number of "pandemic" movies on Netflix, Prime, and other streaming services that were made before the pandemic started and many are eerily similar.  Except, of course, that you catch it, there is no cure, and you drop dead in 48 hours or less.  A few examples:  Into the Night (Russia),  The Barrier (Spain), The Rain (Denmark) and Containment (USA).  Containment takes place in Atlanta and in the local CDC offices that are just outside the "Containment" wall.

Don't forget The Stand!

Archived