SASS Wire Forum

Mask advocate admits the truth

Trigger Mike

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Either you did or I did.

I took his post to be broad sarcasm. "You know my gun is empty so why should you get upset if I point it at you? Because it's a safety rule? Wearing the mask is a safety rule. Why should you get upset about wearing the mask?"

Apples and oranges, like most comparisons.

Thank you ... 

That was my (intended) point exactly ...

I'm suprised that we sometimes can't give the "mask" people the same credit we give ourselves.

There has to be a lot of them that would think pointing an empty gun is a stupid thing to get upset about. 

There are obviously a lot of people who think wearing the mask when around others is stupid.

It's not "that" hard or painful to be respectful and just go with the flow sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Patagonia Pete said:

Thank you ... 

That was my (intended) point exactly ...

I'm suprised that we sometimes can't give the "mask" people the same credit we give ourselves.

There has to be a lot of them that would think pointing an empty gun is a stupid thing to get upset about. 

There are obviously a lot of people who think wearing the mask when around others is stupid.

It's not "that" hard or painful to be respectful and just go with the flow sometimes.

Nope,,you did not mention pointing a gun at “mask people” who would think it is no big deal, (if such a person exists). Your example was pointing a gun at a gun safety checker, a gun person who knows the rules of gun safety and the danger of gun mishandling.

There is no argument that gun safety should be followed or not followed. There IS that argument on mask wearing.

Not even close comparing gun safety to mask wearing or feelings about it. I’ll excuse or ignore a bitchy “mask person” ,,but don’t point a gun at me, whether you (or i) think it is empty or not.

terrible analogy. 

If masks are SO good Why am I excempt to wearing one because Of my Having COPD ,,,,,They cause Breathing to be difficult for the very people that need the Quote protection the Most.... Yes I wear one to protect others as required of the Sheeple, Even though I am excempt .... 

And Yes they do need to be changed Regularly...

Jabez Cowboy

For all of those people who still don’t understand how wearing a mask protects others (not yourself) I’ll make it clear in a way that all military people can understand. If you put a claymore mine behind a tree and set it off it has a different effect than if you put it in front of the tree. While the tree will not block the entire blast, if given the choice I’d rather have the tree between me and the mine than not have the tree. 

4 minutes ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

For all of those people who still don’t understand how wearing a mask protects others (not yourself) I’ll make it clear in a way that all military people can understand. If you put a claymore mine behind a tree and set it off it has a different effect than if you put it in front of the tree. While the tree will not block the entire blast, if given the choice I’d rather have the tree between me and the mine than not have the tree. 

Absolutely not a good example. This is the problem with the mask info. 

Properly fitted mask do not let the wearers breath go around the mask as the claymore goes around the tree. The breath must go thru the mask to be filtered. A properly fitted mask will seal on the sides. 

The junk material mask do not fit properly, and it would not matter if they did, because they do not have the correct filtering properties.

1 minute ago, Marshall Matt Dillon said:

Absolutely not a good example. This is the problem with the mask info. 

Properly fitted mask do not let the wearers breath go around the mask as the claymore goes around the tree. The breath must go thru the mask to be filtered. A properly fitted mask will seal on the sides. 

The junk material mask do not fit properly, and it would not matter if they did, because they do not have the correct filtering properties.

My point is that tree is better protection than no tree. But if you need something more tangible, I’ll use the example I have a non military friend. Let’s both stand in front of each other and sneeze in each other’s face. One masked one unmasked. I wonder if there will be a difference. 

14 minutes ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

My point is that tree is better protection than no tree. But if you need something more tangible, I’ll use the example I have a non military friend. Let’s both stand in front of each other and sneeze in each other’s face. One masked one unmasked. I wonder if there will be a difference. 

If it is the junk mask made from tshirt, bandana, ect, ect, there will be no difference. In fact the person with the mask may fare worse. The non mask person can walk away with germs floating to the ground, while the droplets that stick/soak to the mask will be inhaled directly into the person thru that inadequate mask. This is not theory. 

Masks.... :rolleyes:  I know a number of people who wore masks since this whole debacle appeared on the scene and they still got the virus.

They are more for the psychology than the physiology.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

9 minutes ago, Marshall Matt Dillon said:

If it is the junk mask made from tshirt, bandana, ect, ect, there will be no difference. In fact the person with the mask may fare worse. The non mask person can walk away with germs floating to the ground, while the droplets that stick/soak to the mask will be inhaled directly into the person thru that inadequate mask. This is not theory. 

And a small tree could fall on you after the claymore knocks it down. I think we are somehow getting lost in the weeds here. The whole point is the mask is designed to protect others from you not you from others. If everyone is wearing one then the spread is minimized more than not wearing one. But we as Americans for some reason continue to feel wearing a mask is stupid/unconstitutional/anti-freedom or whatever and this with 4 percent of the population have more than 25% of the worlds cases. But what do I know? I’m just a grunt that prefers a tree between me and a claymore mine.  

2 minutes ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

And a small tree could fall on you after the claymore knocks it down. I think we are somehow getting lost in the weeds here. The whole point is the mask is designed to protect others from you not you from others. If everyone is wearing one then the spread is minimized more than not wearing one. But we as Americans for some reason continue to feel wearing a mask is stupid/unconstitutional/anti-freedom or whatever and this with 4 percent of the population have more than 25% of the worlds cases. But what do I know? I’m just a grunt that prefers a tree between me and a claymore mine.  

Lol,,i am not lost in the weeds! The whole point is,,,,,the majority of mask worn by the public were not designed to protect anyone!  They are rags and normal clothing! Only medical grade mask protect. Some medical masks are even designed to filter on inhalation, some filter when you exhale. 

You should be more afraid of the person walking toward you with a mask on,,as he exhales all those germs that worthless mask is holding.

27 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Just curious. Those of you that don’t believe masks work at all, are you going to get the vaccine?

Since I already had the dreaded COVID I will not be getting the Vaccine.....

And since I am immune to the dreaded COVID I will not be wearing a mask unless asked to by a shop keeper were I have a need to buy their product.

3 minutes ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

My nurse wife already got the vaccine. With her hospital being 95% covid patients, a very wise decision indeed. 

Wow! 95%!  Will she lose her job when this is over and the hospital is running at the last 5%? 

50 minutes ago, Marshall Matt Dillon said:

Wow! 95%!  Will she lose her job when this is over and the hospital is running at the last 5%? 

Of course not. That isn't how hospitals work, which I am surprised you even ask being that your wife is a nurse. Perhaps not in a hospital? After COVID is over, hospitals will go back to operating just as they did before. Those 5% now that are not COVID are very, very sick and usually dying. Once COVID is over, there will still be sick people and of course elective procedures, which is where hospitals make their money. Probably be around 60-70 percent full I imagine. The only plus side to covid patients in the hospital is the work load is a little easier. They don't seem to complain as much as regular patients do.

9 minutes ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

Of course not. That isn't how hospitals work, which I am surprised you even ask being that your wife is a nurse. Perhaps not in a hospital? After COVID is over, hospitals will go back to operating just as they did before. 

Oh, we know exactly how hospitals work. Yes, as i mentioned, she is an ICU nurse in the hospital and has been for many years.

Here in ohio at her hospital, the magic has already happened. Pre election most that died, it was covids fault, and was so marked on their death cert. After the election, (which had to be a coincidence), suddenly people went back to dying of regular problems.  Really weird how that worked. 

4 minutes ago, Marshall Matt Dillon said:

Oh, we know exactly how hospitals work. Yes, as i mentioned, she is an ICU nurse in the hospital and has been for many years.

Here in ohio at her hospital, the magic has already happened. Pre election most that died, it was covids fault, and was so marked on their death cert. After the election, (which had to be a coincidence), suddenly people went back to dying of regular problems.  Really weird how that worked. 

Ah ok, I did not read ICU nurse anywhere. Just that she was a nurse and that her hospital might make her take the shot. I don't know how it works in Ohio, but many hospitals out here also own clinics that are staffed with nurses, thus the reason why I asked if she didn't wok in the hospital.

As to all that other conspiracy stuff, I really don't have time for that kind of BS nonsense. I prefer to deal in real facts and not hokey internet conjectures

6 minutes ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

As to all that other conspiracy stuff, I really don't have time for that kind of BS nonsense. I prefer to deal in real facts and not hokey internet conjectures

Lol,,,conspiracy? I am not in cahoots with anyone. 

I told you facts. Not up to me what you believe or disbelieve. They still remain facts. 

24 minutes ago, Marshall Matt Dillon said:

Lol,,,conspiracy? I am not in cahoots with anyone. 

I told you facts. Not up to me what you believe or disbelieve. They still remain facts. 

Facts? Hmm

You keep using that word gif. Inigo. Princess bride - Album on Imgur

4 hours ago, Marshall Matt Dillon said:

I defer to my nurse wife opinion. She says we are not getting vaccinated.

edit: someday her hospital may require her to take the shot to keep her job. She will argue, but take it.

Our youngest son has been a nurse for over 10 years.  He advised not taking the shot. He was coerced into taken it or lose his medical benefits.  

6 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Just curious. Those of you that don’t believe masks work at all, are you going to get the vaccine?

6 hours ago, Ace_of_Hearts said:

Since I already had the dreaded COVID I will not be getting the Vaccine.....

And since I am immune to the dreaded COVID I will not be wearing a mask unless asked to by a shop keeper were I have a need to buy their product.

6 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

I had it last year before it had a fancy name and a press agent. I don't wear a mask and I'll not be getting the shot. 

Two weeks ago, my wife tested positive for it. I've been stuck in the house with her ever since. I just tested NEGATIVE for it. I do, though, have pneumonia. :blink:I have NO idea how THAT happened.

23 hours ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

With all due respect, your analogy seems a bit off.  The likely outcome from standing next to a claymore when it goes off is not comparable to the likely outcome if exposed to Covid 19.  In the first case the probability of death is close to 100%, in the second case the probability of survival is close to 100%, for all but a few, which leads me to....

Sure, some wear masks in ways and places that are arguably silly.  OTH, there are groups who are specifically vulnerable and that vulnerability may not be visible to the naked eye, so I try not to judge.

I'll take the vaccine when I'm eligible.  My parents got their second shots yesterday, and I'm glad!

6 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

With all due respect, your analogy seems a bit off.  The likely outcome from standing next to a claymore when it goes off is not comparable to the likely outcome if exposed to Covid 19.  In the first case the probability of death is close to 100%, in the second case the probability of survival is close to 100%, for all but a few, which leads me to....

Sure, some wear masks in ways and places that are arguably silly.  OTH, there are groups who are specifically vulnerable and that vulnerability may not be visible to the naked eye, so I try not to judge.

I'll take the vaccine when I'm eligible.  My parents got their second shots yesterday, and I'm glad!

The analogy was meant as a demonstration for those military folk who have actually seen a claymore fire. Nothing at all to suggest severity of either. Though in my own personal experience, I know 7 people who have died to COVID, and my own mother was very nearly the 8th (still might as her recovery is less than optimal). I don't know anyone personally that has been killed by a claymore mine, and I highly doubt in the entire history of claymore mines, there have been nearly 2.5 million worldwide and over half a million American lives claimed to make a fair comparison with covid.

12 minutes ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

The analogy was meant as a demonstration for those military folk who have actually seen a claymore fire. Nothing at all to suggest severity of either. Though in my own personal experience, I know 7 people who have died to COVID, and my own mother was very nearly the 8th (still might as her recovery is less than optimal). I don't know anyone personally that has been killed by a claymore mine, and I highly doubt in the entire history of claymore mines, there have been nearly 2.5 million worldwide and over half a million American lives claimed to make a fair comparison with covid.

I understand.  Again, respectfully, I think your original argument misses the point that some are making which is that they see the threat as not worthy of protecting against, which few would argue about a claymore.  Furthermore, a comparison of deaths is also not helpful, as far fewer people have been 'exposed to claymores than exposed to Covid 19.   Additionally, those death numbers are pretty suspect.  Plenty of people who die with Covid 19 are recorded as having died OF Covid 19.  Not the same thing.  Your analogy doesn't bother me, nor did the one about loaded guns, I just don't think they advance your point.

I wear a mask when I need to in order to enter stores where masks are required.  Other than that I don't wear a mask.  I do that for two reasons, one, I doubt the efficacy of the masks people are using, and I really doubt the veracity of what idiots like Fauci say, and two, I don't see Covid 19 as a significant personal threat. 

If I'm going to be around someone who has asked me to wear, or who I know has a specific vulnerability I'll wear one, but I'm not wearing one everywhere all the time in order to cater to the paranoia of the various 'Karens' out there. 

6 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I understand.  Again, respectfully, I think your original argument misses the point that some are making which is that they see the threat as not worthy of protecting against, which few would argue about a claymore.  Furthermore, a comparison of deaths is also not helpful, as far fewer people have been 'exposed to claymores than exposed to Covid 19.   Additionally, those death numbers are pretty suspect.  Plenty of people who die with Covid 19 are recorded as having died OF Covid 19.  Not the same thing.  Your analogy doesn't bother me, nor did the one about loaded guns, I just don't think they advance your point.

I wear a mask when I need to in order to enter stores where masks are required.  Other than that I don't wear a mask.  I do that for two reasons, one, I doubt the efficacy of the masks people are using, and I really doubt the veracity of what idiots like Fauci say, and two, I don't see Covid 19 as a significant personal threat. 

If I'm going to be around someone who has asked me to wear, or who I know has a specific vulnerability I'll wear one, but I'm not wearing one everywhere all the time in order to cater to the paranoia of the various 'Karens' out there. 

6 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

My thoughts exactly Capt. well said.  SCJ

On 2/22/2021 at 9:17 AM, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

I feel bad for folks who’ve developed such a fear. It’s not normal nor healthy. 

I went hiking over the weekend and came upon a family of five, in the mountains, all in masks. Sad state of affairs. 

My wife and I believe in prudence, not panic. And we allow grace to those who are panicking. 

well put , ive been praying for those so scared they can no longer think for themselves as well , its so sad the political folks think its OK to do this to the general population for their own benefit , i would like to think this will pass and we will go back to normal but i suspect now that they have been so successful this will come back - if it ever goes away at all , 

On 2/23/2021 at 3:33 PM, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Nope. Thanks for asking ;) 

GG ~ :FlagAm:

A dr at John Hopkins said the virus will have run its lifespan by April.  Why get a vaccine for something that might be gone in 2 months?  

I have been exposed to it and didn't get it, and got the antibody test afterwards and it came back negative,  why get a vaccine for something I may not get?  

Archived