SASS Wire Forum

Mask advocate admits the truth

Trigger Mike

A lifelong friend of my wife and I are staunch mask and distancing advocates.  Their children are in their 20s.  Their oldest texted me she wanted to make the 3 hour drive to ride horses where she used to go to college and spend several days at our house.  

I told her she could stay in our cabin and come and go as she pleased.  The rains came and we had days of over 5 inches.  Flooded dirt roads etc.  She delayed until the weekend.  

She comes in wearing a mask.  She darts past my wife for fear of the virus.   None of us are wearing mask.  My wife makes supper so she takes the mask off.  She sits by us all without the mask.  When she finishes eating she puts the mask on without wiping the food off her mouth that I could see.  

She then stands out side the kitchen.  Afraid to sit down on the couch.  I can't stand it anymore and complain about how people I know who wore the mask died from the virus.  She admits the mask will not stop the virus just stop minor colds etc or other normal sickness.  

I took my two daughters to the daddy daughter dance where only 4 people were wearing mask and we all danced for 2 hours.  She went to the cabin and stayed there by herself until she left the next morning. 

My wife said she must have only had a fig bar for breakfast even though we offered many other things she could take with her or come eat with us.  Best my wife could tell she did not take a shower or bath with the wash rag or dry off.  

The wife's granddaughter (I will not claim the brat) visited with her mother. She would not take off the mask to eat! She merely moved it aside to get a fork in. She would not talk to anyone (that is her normal mode though) and, unless at the dining table, would stay in the bedroom on her phone all of the time.:angry:

I feel bad for folks who’ve developed such a fear. It’s not normal nor healthy. 

I went hiking over the weekend and came upon a family of five, in the mountains, all in masks. Sad state of affairs. 

My wife and I believe in prudence, not panic. And we allow grace to those who are panicking. 

Well, I wouldn’t invite her back...either one of them. They obviously have issues. 

One thing nice about this whole CoVid thing (if there is anything “nice” about it)...it’s brought out a lot of people’s true nature. From public riots to family interactions. I have learned a lot about the true nature of some people close to me. Happily, what I learned is much more positive than negative. 

I've not worn a mask - even where you were "required" to.  Not a word was said.  Some "masked" people go out of their way to avoid me.  I'm amused it that.  I even shake hands with friends!

Just Friday I went into Harbor Freight and young lady said, "Muff,muff,muff,muff.". I said, "Are you talking to me?".  She pulled her mask down and answered, "Yes, Can I help you find something?".  We exchanged words.  When I came back to check out, she again said, "Muff,muff,muff, muff.".  I again replied that I couldn't understand her. She pulled her mask down and we got our business done. "Have a nice day!" "Thanks, You too.". 

The staff were wearing mask but most were below their nose.  There were a few customers  and none were wearing masks that I noticed. 

I weary of these mask discussions. I wear one anywhere I might come in contact with people. If that labels me paranoid, panic stricken and cowardly, I don’t care. I don’t get in arguments over it. I don’t brow beat others who are maskless. I keep my opinions to myself. Too much finger pointing and hate going around. 

I’ve also been called fearful and paranoid because I carry a firearm.

3 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I weary of these mask discussions. I wear one anywhere I might come in contact with people. If that labels me paranoid, panic stricken and cowardly, I don’t care. I don’t get in arguments over it. I don’t brow beat others who are maskless. I keep my opinions to myself. Too much finger pointing and hate going around. 

UB for the win. 

I wear a mask when out and about in public. They are also mandatory at work. Here, you cannot shop without one or you must have a face shield. 

If you don’t want to wear a mask that’s your prerogative. If you do, that’s your prerogative.  

43 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I agree and I also wear a mask in stores because the employees don't need the hassle of telling people they need a mask. They're trying to get a paycheck and I respect that. No hassle from me, wear the darn mask, get my stuff, pay and get out! Simple! Everyone goes home happy.

Down here there are virtually zero cases and only a handful of deaths,  mostly in the nursing home.   We have the only walmart and lowes for several counties and thankfully to God still have barely any cases.  If I lived in Atlanta I might feel differently but what highlights the oddity to me was we left her at our house where she wore a mask but ate our food that we cooked and breathed on while serving it and went to a school dance where the lunch room was full of people and only 3 wore mask.  In the gym we all stood in line for pictures and only the 3 taking care of photos wore the mask, we all stood in line without them.  Add to it, a study showed 87% of those who get the virus wear mask.  My own experience confirms it, those wearing mask get the virus more often than those who do not.  

Masks are mandatory here in stores, Ontario, Canada.

Social distancing marks on the floor and check-out lines, direction arrows in the aisles of stores that are open.

Carts get wiped down by dedicated staff and there is hand disinfectant at entrances and exits.

While I don't care for them, I mask up going into any store and use the sanitizer.

I've lost three family members to Covid-19 since last April and a several f old friends or co-workers with their deaths attributed to Covid or complications of it.

Your mileage may vary, but I'll ere on the side of caution until I can get vaccinated.

24 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

Down here there are virtually zero cases and only a handful of deaths,  mostly in the nursing home.   We have the only walmart and lowes for several counties and thankfully to God still have barely any cases.  If I lived in Atlanta I might feel differently but what highlights the oddity to me was we left her at our house where she wore a mask but ate our food that we cooked and breathed on while serving it and went to a school dance where the lunch room was full of people and only 3 wore mask.  In the gym we all stood in line for pictures and only the 3 taking care of photos wore the mask, we all stood in line without them.  Add to it, a study showed 87% of those who get the virus wear mask.  My own experience confirms it, those wearing mask get the virus more often than those who do not.  

I was cursed with a logical mind.  Anywhere they have mask ordinances,  they have a high rate of infection.  Seems to me, the masks are the problem.   Also,  if hand sanitizer is powerful enough to kill a virus,  IT'S POISON!  

Our local Wally-World now has a BIG sigh saying that mask are "Recommend".  The employees and wearing them but wrong.  About half the customers are still wearing them. The county has 2 active cases!

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I agree with you 100% Bob

What Utah Bob said is how I see things also. 

In addition, I wear a mask to protect others, not myself.

Even though in the history of the world nobody has ever been shot by a truly unloaded gun, I don't intentionally sweep or point an unloaded gun at others.  I do that to protect others, not myself.

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Hang up callers, we have a winner!

Took the wife to a restaurant after church yesterday.  Wife is a conformist.  She put her homemade mask on as we left the car.  Hostess took us to our table.  Wife left her mask on as waitress took our order.  As I waited for our food the wife continued to wear her mask as she headed to the ladies room.  When our food came then the wife took of her mask.  Her mask went back on as we left the table and headed to the car.  My mask was in my coat pocket the entire time.  You house your rules, if asked I'll wear one, otherwise I don't.

What I found interesting is the the way the waitress carry our glasses of water to us.  She carried them by the rim.  I used a straw to drink, the wife didn't.  I use my leather wallet to open doors, wife grabs the handle that all the other customers have touched.  Wife chastises me for not taking the China Flu serious (because I don't wear a mask).  I wonder why with all the "makes me feel good" precautions she takes why she' has tested positive for the China Flu and I haven't? 

In Nevada there is no edict requiring you to wear a mask.

HOWEVER

A business that allows you inside without a mask can be fined and have their license revoked.

This is how our Governor gets around ordering individuals to wear masks.

Common sense and medical people say mask are useless. My wife is an ICU nurse. She wears a mask just to save the hassle in public.  I do not.

She is highly educated in personal protection being an ICU nurse. (Intensive Care Unit) She will tell you flat out the masks worn by the public are useless and can even exasperate infections. Real Masks are never reworn and must be properly discarded when they come out of the patients room. 

The common sense way,,,,,if a t-shirt or ordinary material could stop germs,,why aren’t docs and nurses wearing that type of mask in operating rooms? Because it wouldn’t work!   Those masks are specially produced with specialty materials.  

You are fooling yourself with these cloth masks, and somebody is getting rich.

My neighbor works at the local nuclear power plant.   They have a complete lockdown procedure.  Deliveries are made outside the entrance,  each employee must submit a questionnaire as to their general health, those he's come into contact with and so on.  The wrong response and leads to another set of questions.   Many are "working from home". On and on. 

They issued them mask to wear at all times.  The "mask", they call it,  is one of those tube things you pull over you head.  Pull it up like a turtle neck. He had in on when we visited (pulled down).  We talked about it. I said that thing is worse than useless.  It collects the germs and bacteria you breath in and out and just becomes a place to germinate.  Besides,  it's to thin to provide any protection from a virus.  He listened.   Then stretched it out.  It was as thin as pantie hose! I asked him how often they supply him with a new one.   Only one. He's to laundry it once a week.  Here's your sign!

40 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

They issued them mask to wear at all times.  ... I asked him how often they supply him with a new one.   Only one. He's to laundry it once a week.  Here's your sign!

Every two hours or if it gets damp. N95 or panty hose, change it every two hours or if it gets damp.

That is the sign which should be posted. The county sent me a mask as part of the awareness campaign. One mask. Several months ago. I wore it when I went to my annual doc appointment, it was good for the two hours.

12 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

Every two hours or if it gets damp. N95 or panty hose, change it every two hours or if it gets damp.

That is the sign which should be posted. The county sent me a mask as part of the awareness campaign. One mask. Several months ago. I wore it when I went to my annual doc appointment, it was good for the two hours.

N95 masks are supposed to be good for 8 hours

Howdy,

My favorite so far was a fella wearing a mask driving a car

and had a cigarette hanging out the side of the mask.

And I couldnt get a pic of that....

bummer.

Best

CR

11 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

I feel bad for folks who’ve developed such a fear. It’s not normal nor healthy. 

I went hiking over the weekend and came upon a family of five, in the mountains, all in masks. Sad state of affairs. 

My wife and I believe in prudence, not panic. And we allow grace to those who are panicking. 

Democrat President Harry S. Truman said that America does not run on fear.

He'd crap himself if he could see what our government has become and how the people have embraced and mastered "wimpism". 

When we are asked to wear a mask in a store, we tell them "we are conscientious objectors". They look at us funny and never bother us again. 

13 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Also,  if hand sanitizer is powerful enough to kill a virus,  IT'S POISON! 

I believe that a lot of the hand sanitizer is made from grain alcohol. (or it was when nobody could get anything else.)

If you mix it with some Coca Cola you may be able to sanitize your insides with it. :D

I would make a long post about masks and my general hate of them, but i am too tired and really don't give a $^% about them. The one's required a work usually give me a sore throat by the end of my shift most days. I only wear it there since they pay me.

Yeah … like when you finish a stage ... are at the unloading table …

... AND …

The person who just checked your guns (and declared them clear) gets upset when you point one at them and say "pew pew" …

They get mad and want to fight …

There is obviously no danger … They just saw "with their own eyes" that there was no danger. 

It's just another one of those overzealous rules they made up!! :angry:

Why can't they let everyone do what they feel like and mind their own business … without making such a big deal of it??

They act like you are being disrespectful to them personally!!

Why be a sheep and do something just to make other people feel comfortable??!?

I like the mask .. they can't see that you aren't smiling. -_-  

1 hour ago, Patagonia Pete said:

Yeah … like when you finish a stage ... are at the unloading table …

... AND …

The person who just checked your guns (and declared them clear) gets upset when you point one at them and say "pew pew" …

They get mad and want to fight …

There is obviously no danger … They just saw "with their own eyes" that there was no danger. 

It's just another one of those overzealous rules they made up!! :angry:

Why can't they let everyone do what they feel like and mind their own business … without making such a big deal of it??

They act like you are being disrespectful to them personally!!

Why be a sheep and do something just to make other people feel comfortable??!?

I like the mask .. they can't see that you aren't smiling. -_-  

Wow,,,,how to say this. I would be mad too if you point a gun at me. A lot of people get shot by “unloaded” guns. Most of them swear they thought it was not loaded.  Breaking One of the cardinal rules!

Overzealous rule? I sure hope i misunderstood your post.

Either you did or I did.

I took his post to be broad sarcasm. "You know my gun is empty so why should you get upset if I point it at you? Because it's a safety rule? Wearing the mask is a safety rule. Why should you get upset about wearing the mask?"

Apples and oranges, like most comparisons.

46 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Either you did or I did.

I took his post to be broad sarcasm. "You know my gun is empty so why should you get upset if I point it at you? Because it's a safety rule? Wearing the mask is a safety rule. Why should you get upset about wearing the mask?"

Apples and oranges, like most comparisons.

I read and reread and reread. I get part way thru and think you are right,, it is sarcasm. Then i read another line and think, no way! Talking about pointing a gun at someone and ridiculing them because they do not like it even knowing it is unloaded is a stupid rule.

I guess if it is sarcasm, i missed it because of the example. Guns do not get pointed unless you are ready to shoot what you point at! If sarcasm,,,wrong example. Do not use that to make a point!

i also confess i read words and do not see emotion in written words. I need to see faces and hear conversation to know sarcasm sometimes.

i still stand on thinking no matter what, using guns pointed at people going “pew pew” is a terrible comparison to anything,,and i would take offense no matter how it was meant,,on paper or real life.

Archived