SASS Wire Forum

Vet Uses Shotgun To Kill Man Attacking His Wife

Subdeacon Joe

https://www.fox13news.com/news/south-carolina-veteran-uses-butt-of-his-shotgun-to-kill-home-intruder-who-attacked-his-wife

JACKSON, S.C. - A South Carolina armed home invader who attacked a 79-year-old woman near her back door is dead after the victim’s 82-year-old Vietnam War veteran husband beat him down with the butt end of a shotgun earlier this week, according to local authorities.

Herbert Parrish snatched the firearm off a wall mount after the suspect, identified as 61-year-old Harold Runnels, broke into the home with a knife, knocked his wife to the ground and slashed her forehead Monday afternoon, Columbia, S.C.-based FOX 57 reported.

Took the time to assess the situation and acted accordingly.  Not, as certain politicians claim, eagerly opened fire and just blasted away at random.

........... so, this is a "firearm related" incident ..... ?   :huh:

.... may the perpetrator rot in prison ..... just my personal opinion ......   :angry:

20 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

or elsewhere   :angry::angry::angry:

LOL!  Went back and reread it, did you?  Yeah, "elsewhere" is the operative place in this case since, "A South Carolina armed home invader who attacked a 79-year-old woman near her back door is dead"

I'll grant that it isn't the most well written article and headline I've ever seen.

Considering the price of ammunition, this looks like a prudent use of a firearm!!

You can bet your sweet bippy that the anti-gunowner crowd will count this among the “gun-violence” deaths!!

I keep a loaded gun; it's in a pistol safe with the finger pad combination lock that I can open in 1.5 seconds.  That's much better than keeping the ammo separate.  If I ever need to use it, I'd rather use it the way it was intended -- with ammo.  But this guy gets an "A" for resourcefulness. 

23 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

I keep a loaded gun; it's in a pistol safe with the finger pad combination lock that I can open in 1.5 seconds.  That's much better than keeping the ammo separate.  If I ever need to use it, I'd rather use it the way it was intended -- with ammo.  But this guy gets an "A" for resourcefulness. 

I give him an A+ for using what was probably a wall hanger to defend himself and his wife.  There is a fair chance he defaulted to his US Army basic training, he essentially butt stroked the guy to death with a shotgun. 

1 hour ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

My guess is that he grabbed the shotgun, looked at the situation, decided that if he shot he would hit both the thug and his wife, so used the other end.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

My guess is that he grabbed the shotgun, looked at the situation, decided that if he shot he would hit both the thug and his wife, so used the other end.

Pure speculation here, but I also imagine the guy butt stroked the suspect a LOT more than once :) 

On 2/21/2021 at 9:17 PM, Blackwater 53393 said:

Considering the price of ammunition, this looks like a prudent use of a firearm!!

You can bet your sweet bippy that the anti-gunowner crowd will count this among the “gun-violence” deaths!!

Just what I was thinking.   I just hope he didn't damage finish on the shotgun.

Archived