SASS Wire Forum

Muppets in the process of being cancelled, along with Peter Pan, Dumbo, and The Aristocats.

Raylan

https://www.dailywire.com/news/kermit-canceled-disney-slaps-offensive-content-label-on-the-muppet-show

"Disney has decided that “The Muppet Show” — featuring Kermit the Frog, Fozzie Bear and Miss Piggy — contains “offensive content” and can now be seen only on an adult account."

• Raylan changed the title to Muppets in the process of being cancelled, along with Peter Pan, Dumbo, and The Aristocats.

Walt had nothing to do with the Muppets, but I suspect he's still doin' a high-speed rotisserie number in his grave...  :mellow:

Thank goodness I have DVDs of most of the Disney Classics, pre-snowflake warnings; I can show my grandchildren what great fun these shows were before the nancies got woke.

What race is the Cookie Monster, and is there a stereotype at work there?

LL

This mental cancer is fully ingrained in our country now. The only things these people understand are dollars, but unfortunately there are plenty of brainwashed morons with dollars to keep this cancer thriving. 

5 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

I believe Cookie Monster was already cancelled on the show, I think he had to drop the cookies and pretend to crave veggies instead. 

On another note this story inspired me to find and purchase a copy of "Song of the South" on dvd to show all the young'uns.

I have "Ol Yeller'" and "Savage Sam". I bet they can't make movies like that again.  Kids with guns,axes, left alone to fend for themselves,  killing dirty red skins. 

I was watching a Little Rascal video on YouTube.  Reading the comments,  one person wrote an essay on how deplorable they display the racial inequity in our society.  Never mind there were several races of kids in the same gang, going to the same school.  Some people go out of their way to be miserable. 

10 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Thank goodness I have DVDs of most of the Disney Classics, pre-snowflake warnings; I can show my grandchildren what great fun these shows were before the nancies got woke.

LL

I think they are from my father's tribe.  Oscar and Cookie Monster are probably my uncles....:-)

STL Suomi

15 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

.... where can I get a shotgun that doesn't need reloading like that one ? ....

.......... seems to work with instinctive aiming too ....   :)

ACME

Well Yosemite San, Bugs, Elmer, daffy and other vanisher about 35-40 years ago because of violence, guns, insulting and inappropriate and insulting language, etc.  And yet The Simpsons just celebrated 30 years on TV and many talk shows still abound.

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Well Yosemite San, Bugs, Elmer, daffy and other vanisher about 35-40 years ago because of violence, guns, insulting and inappropriate and insulting language, etc.  And yet The Simpsons just celebrated 30 years on TV and many talk shows still abound.

... are expunging Apu.

It's marketing and money.  The kids who never saw the muppet show won't miss it.  The adults like us, who loved it, will either pay for another channel to watch it, gripe about disney, or both.  The show originally aired just before prime time.  It was never really a kids show to begin with.  They walked a line to appeal to the whole family.

When I heard about this I immediately wondered what they are going to change the name of Disneyland, DisneyWorld and the Disney Company itself to?  Old Walt certainly could not pass a 21st Century left wing litmas test.  If he were still alive they would be trying to cancel him and ruin his business.  Now that he has expired it is only a matter of time before they try to tear down his statue at the gates of the Magic Kingdom.

On 2/21/2021 at 4:51 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Walt had nothing to do with the Muppets, but I suspect he's still doin' a high-speed rotisserie number in his grave...  :mellow:

I don’t think he’s stopped spinning since the Nazi’s were defeated. 

On 2/21/2021 at 8:02 PM, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

What a load of image.jpeg.44ad891d292ba8eca52ede1f1c9b03e8.jpeg

At least someone feels better!

Archived