SASS Wire Forum

Dangerous Boys

Subdeacon Joe

My niece has a 2 year old boy that is already all boy.

He'd rather be outside than inside, loves cars (in general), Cars (the movie), trucks, big trucks, any kind of construction equipment and guns already.  He's been picking things at random up, pointing it like a gun and saying, " 'Ow! 'Ow" as he points it at anything and everything (or -one) for the last year. 

He turned 2 in October and the little thing actually had a tan last year because his Momma had him out in the yard playing in the dirt or the kiddie pool with his shadows- 3 dogs that follow his every move and top out about 275 pounds only because one is only about half grown.  His Daddy is apprenticing as a stone mason and his Momma was a softball playing tomboy (the kind that carries her own knife, baits her own hook and cleans her own fish and squirrels) that thinks nothing about plopping him down on the ground, laying out his cars and handing him a table spoon.

I reckon he's alright until he gets to school age and the education system starts sissifying him.

Our son and daughter had exposure to all the aforementioned while growing up. So happy they did, and so pleased with how they turned out.:)

I was a poor swimmer until I got to Junior High School.  We had an indoor pool and the coach told us he needed a swimming team.  By the time I graduated from High School I had a wall full of trophies, mostly for 200 yard (Yeah, YARDS.  They hadn't invented metrics back then.) free style and anchoring a 400 yard relay team.

With apologies to Willy Nelson: Mamas, don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies.  Make 'em eat red meat and drive those old trucks,  Let 'em be shooters and horsemen and such.

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I was a poor swimmer until I got to Junior High School.  We had an indoor pool and the coach told us he needed a swimming team.  By the time I graduated from High School I had a wall full of trophies, mostly for 200 yard (Yeah, YARDS.  They hadn't invented metrics back then.) free style and anchoring a 400 yard hundred yard relay team.

With apologies to Willy Nelson: Mamas, don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies.  Make 'em eat red meat and drive those old trucks,  Let 'em be shooters and horsemen and such.

Truth.

"...With apologies to Willy Nelson: Mamas, don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies.  Make 'em eat red meat and drive those old trucks,  Let 'em be shooters and horsemen and such...."

yes indeed and every kid need to know how to swim , the first university i attended required it for you to graduate , had to take it as "gym class" your first year , thankfully id learned it when i was 5 as most of you by that rude parental educational process , best thing that ever happened to me , 

Archived