SASS Wire Forum

This is just Stupid!

Good morning Cowboys,   I have a short tale to tell.  Here in Roseburg Or. we have a small auction house that puts on gun and ammo auction on line 1 or 2 times a month. Last Saturday as I was watching my bids for primers fade away and seeing the bids go over 275.00 for cci and federals. I concentrated on some other items like powder, lead bullets, reloading items, but I was dumb founded when I watched 2 separate lots of Hornady 30-30,  170 gr. round nose  box of 100 bullets go for, well the first lot was 395.00 and the second lot was 400.00. And the same bidder bought both and 2 other bidders were in there also. 795.00 dollars for 200 lead bullets,  now that's just stupid.     

What sucks is that it makes the scalpers realize what they can scalp us for. Doesn't get the prices back to normal any quicker.

I recently saw an auction on Gunbroker for Small Rifle Primers.  I went to the reloading room, checked my stock of said primers, then went back upstairs and congratulated the wife on her marrying a gadzillionaire.  

Think I will add another set of deadbolts to the house and the shop!!  

Archived