SASS Wire Forum

Drive through Covid shots

Utah Bob #35998

I was just watching video from one of the mass drive up vaccination sites. You drive up they poke you and you drive off.
When we got our shots at the county health department they had us stay for 15 minutes to make sure we didn't have any adverse reaction. That seems reasonable.

40 minutes ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Maybe they drove off into a holding area,UB:blush:

On the video I saw they just drove out of the parking lot. Maybe some sites are different.

All the drive up ones around here have them stay in a holding area for 15 minutes before they are supposed to leave.  When I had mine at the University they had us stay in the clinic for 15 minutes before we could leave.

Got my first shot at the VA yesterday.  They ahd us wait in the lobby for fifteen minutes.

I had no apparent effects from the shot until about seven PM, then I went through an entire package of Oreos Double Stuf.....well, the dog got two cookies all by herself, but I ate the rest.  :blink:

16 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Got my first shot at the VA yesterday.  They ahd us wait in the lobby for fifteen minutes.

I had no apparent effects from the shot until about seven PM, then I went through an entire package of Oreos Double Stuf.....well, the dog got two cookies all by herself, but I ate the rest.  :blink:

Did the dog have any adverse reaction from the chocolate?

Drive through Covid shots is certainly a step up above Drive by Covid shots.

CT seems to be doing something similar, people drive through, get their shots and there are  adverse reaction lanes just in case.  They are using the old airfields at Pratt & Whitney and hope to do 7,000 - 10,000 people a week

35 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Note to self: “Have chocolate standing by after vaccine.”

Got it! :D

Wow! Chocolate craving following the shot?  I got my second shot at the VA.  Upon returning home, I found that my wife had found some chocolate chip, sugar-free (Type 2 diabetes, ya know).  There were six large ones in the package.  I'm down to the last one, and will soon have to finish it! :rolleyes:  Must be something to this. :unsure:  After my shot yesterday, the tech told me I only had to wait about 10 minutes in the designated room.  Just to be safe, I waited the full 15.  Felt a little tired the rest of the day, but the only effect this morning was waking up with a sinus headache, which is NOT unusual for me anyway.  Steaming over a sink of hot water helps...sometimes...probably have to do it again.  Has nothing to do with the vaccine, just the dry Colorado climate...and a deviated septum.

Be well and safe, Pards!

Just now, Trailrider #896 said:

Wow! Chocolate craving following the shot?  I got my second shot at the VA.  Upon returning home, I found that my wife had found some chocolate chip, sugar-free (Type 2 diabetes, ya know).  There were six large ones in the package.  I'm down to the last one, and will soon have to finish it! :rolleyes:  Must be something to this. :unsure:  After my shot yesterday, the tech told me I only had to wait about 10 minutes in the designated room.  Just to be safe, I waited the full 15.  Felt a little tired the rest of the day, but the only effect this morning was waking up with a sinus headache, which is NOT unusual for me anyway.  Steaming over a sink of hot water helps...sometimes...probably have to do it again.  Has nothing to do with the vaccine, just the dry Colorado climate...and a deviated septum.

Be well and safe, Pards!

One thing about getting a drive-in shot versus in a hospital or clinic facility is, IMHO, that if a person does develop severe (anaphalactic shock) reaction, the medical facility would have the capability of treating the reaction more quickly than having to call 9-1-1 to get paramedics to the site.

2 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Did the dog have any adverse reaction from the chocolate?

Not a bit.  I have been feeding my dogs a bit of chocolate almost every day and the only adverse effect was when a beagle got under the Christmas tree and wiped out a two pound Whitman Sampler box.  I had no idea a dog could crap that much. ....and puked almost as much.

Vet said to give her plenty of water with a small drop of mineral oil.

She was better in two days but after that a platoon of Marines couldn't get even a crumb of chocolate into that dog.

Just had to share...wife’s parents are in Colorado.  They went through drive up shot area, and after the shot her dad asks “do I get a sucker now?”....the nurse responds “actually you are the sucker”....lol

while that doesn’t seem professional it’s quite funny.

Before SNOVID 2021 They were vaccinating 10,000 a day at Texas Motor Speedway using the drive thru method.

Wife and I got out first via drive thru. Get our second tomorrow the same way. 

After the shot they put you in a que, after the 15 min wait they send you on your way.

Local Pharmacy is giving shots this week. Got a call from them Sunday wanting to schedule an appointment. Told them we were getting ours via the hospital. She said she would take us off their list and add someone else.

Wife and I had our first shot (Moderna) at a drive thru.  When we received the injection, a fella wrote a time on our windshield and directed us to a 15 minute holding area.  There was a tent with medical staff at the holding area.

The whole operation was well organized and managed.  All the folks were most pleasant. 

Got my first Pfizer on Saturday, after jumping through an absurdly ridiculous set of hoops getting an appointment.

They held on to the official vaccination card until I'd waited fifteen minutes in the "laagering zone."  

The shot itself was no worse than the flu shot; felt sleepy most of the afternoon but heck ~ I'm always sleepy in the afternoon!  Well... maybe a bit sleepier than usual...   :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Got my first Pfizer on Saturday, after jumping through an absurdly ridiculous set of hoops getting an appointment.

They held on to the official vaccination card until I'd waited fifteen minutes in the "laagering zone."  

The shot itself was no worse than the flu shot; felt sleepy most of the afternoon but heck ~ I'm always sleepy in the afternoon!  Well... maybe a bit sleepier than usual...   :rolleyes:

Geez...I wish I knew what is wrong with the MA system.  I'm still jumping through hoops, and no closer to getting an appointment.  Try and try again.

If I catch this damned bug because of a bureaucratic delay, I'm going to have my ashes dumped on the Governor's desk!

LL

East Coast Filly and I are covered under Kaiser. We just received notice that they are now taking appointments for April for seniors 60-75. The wife has not decided if she wants to take it. I told her that we better watch out, the next thing you know the libs will pass laws requiring the "showing of our papers" to be allowed out of our house.

Archived