SASS Wire Forum

Keep Arkansas in your thoughts.

Sedalia Dave

My step Daughter lives SE of Little Rock. They have 13 inches of snow on the ground :o

BTW If you want to know who to blame it is DeaconKC's fault. He brought it with him from the Land of Lincoln :P

16 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

My step Daughter lives SE of Little Rock. They have 13 inches of snow on the ground :o

BTW If you want to know who to blame it is DeaconKC's fault. He brought it with him for the Land of Lincoln :P

And we have about the same here. And I left my snow shovel in Illinois for the folks who bought our house there. Thought I probably won't need this...

Yeah, riiiiiiight.

20 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Welcome to Wyoming!

At least your food in the refrigerator and freezer will keep

Store shelves here are empty. No bread, eggs, milk or meat.

The convenience stores all have big signs saying "NO Ice available".  Now it hasn't been above 32 degrees here for a week. Why the heck are people buying up all the ice???

12 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

The convenience stores all have big signs saying "NO Ice available".  Now it hasn't been above 32 degrees here for a week. Why the heck are people buying up all the ice???

For their cocktails. 

23 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Probably water and/or power outage. Got all the way up to 24 here today. Not hard keeping stuff cold!

JHC

My elderly parents in northern Minnesota say hahahahahahahahaha to 13" of snow. Dad usually shovels something like 55+ inches every year, in a light jacket. :P

I wish I was that tough.

That said, I LOVE snow. I'll happily take that 13" and raise you 100%. ;)

I surely miss snow skiing in 20" of fresh powder. Ahhh... the days.

My Dad and his parents are buried in the Fayetteville National Cemetery. Not a day passes when Arkansas is not in my thoughts........

1 hour ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

I hate snow.

Yup.

I figgered out we don't have to shovel rain.

Now... if we could just get some rain!   :mellow:

On 2/18/2021 at 6:52 PM, Ethan Cord said:

My Dad and his parents are buried in the Fayetteville National Cemetery. Not a day passes when Arkansas is not in my thoughts........

I may have neglected to mention that Dad was born in Fort Worth and Granddad was born near San Antonio.............

I live in LA ( Lower Arkansas:P). We have 8” of snow on the ground. Currently 27 deg. Warmest evening this week.  I’ve lived in ND and CO. So no stranger to snow or cold weather. But Arkansas doesn’t see snow or temps like this very often. They are not equipped for it. Water systems are not built for it. No road equipment to clear roads etc. You cannot compare AR with places that get this sort of weather every year. Most stores have not had any deliveries this week, they are starting to run out of a lot of stuff. Bet it’s a few more days before delivery trucks start running. Lucky for us, we missed the freezing rain stuff this time. So unlike TX most of us have power, a blessing. If folks can hang on until next week, life will get better. 
  Pray for the folks in TX, they are not doing so well 

1 hour ago, DeaconKC said:

And we have about the same here. And I left my snow shovel in Illinois for the folks who bought our house there. Thought I probably won't need this...

Yeah, riiiiiiight.

Bought a snow shovel two years ago, the first in nearly 50 years.  Had a bunch of snow here in central Arizona.  I had to order it because no one had any in stores.  Haven't used it a minute since, but I got one if I need it.  :o

I got to use mine. Had to shovel out a path to the woods for our dog. He likes to do his business in the woods, not around the house. He’s a rescue out of CO, but he doesn’t like snow falling on him. He wouldn’t do #2 until it stopped snowing and I got him a way to the woods, 3 days. He’s a little hard headed, must take after the wife:wub:

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Bought a snow shovel two years ago, the first in nearly 50 years.  Had a bunch of snow here in central Arizona.  I had to order it because no one had any in stores.  Haven't used it a minute since, but I got one if I need it.  :o

See! Had DeaconKC brought his shovel with him none of this would be happening right now. :D

7 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Yup. The most snow I had seen in a long time was while at Winter Range several years ago. Flagstaff, AZ got something like 32" of snow in 24 hours. Crazy weather, that trip! We had rain, hail and snow. We stayed north of Phoenix. Snow and cactuses... never thought I'd see those two things together. 

My brother in law is in North Carolina, he works for Duke Energy and said that they called for volunteers to staff their call centers.

Weather predicted a tenth of an inch of ice over the broad area, part of that Texas storm swinging toward the Atlantic coast, then they upped the estimate to a quarter inch.

Never saw weather like this.

I wonder if Old Nick is trying on figure skates.

(Better than a foot in ARKANSAS???)

10 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

Here in the Lake Erie snow belt we just call if February 

I'm west of you in NE Ohio, just a little shy of the "snow belt", we got about 8" on the ground. The snow belt here is about 15 miles east of me so we usually get a little less. 12" is a lot but not uncommon.

Spent the day yesterday digging out rooftop heating units that had five feet of drift on them. Then I spent the night helping my boy clean customers out. I'm over it.

On 2/19/2021 at 8:31 AM, Michigan Slim said:

Spent the day yesterday digging out rooftop heating units that had five feet of drift on them. Then I spent the night helping my boy clean customers out. I'm over it.

I'm still trying to get down to the 2" of ice that the first storm dropped in my driveway before the next one dumped 10" of snow on top of it. The piles along the drive are 3'- 4' and growing from blowing the drive out.

3 hours ago, Doc X said:

I'm still trying to get down to the 2" of ice that the first storm dropped in my driveway before the next one dumped 10" of snow on top of it. The piles along the drive are 3'- 4' and growing from blowing the drive out.

My son has a salt mix and truck spreader that would knock that right out. Some special mix that's not as corrosive. Saw it work wonders on a couple streets and parking lots!

Archived