SASS Wire Forum

PractiScore scoring program question?

Matthew Duncan

I've check through PractiScore's web site "Support" section and I wasn't able to locate an answer.

Match subtype:  SASS:Cowboy Action.

Three test stages configured.

One Posse.

Three hombres configured for shooters. 

Fictitious times, misses and procedures  were used.

Question:  View Results > Review All Stage Detail.  Miss totals are included with "P" (penalties).  Any way of changing the report to list the misses separately?

I can tell you that you get that level of detail once you upload the scores to the practiscore website.

You can also see it separated in matchscores->combined

instead of using the sass:cowboy action overlay, just use the SASS overlay

40 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

...instead of using the sass:cowboy action overlay, just use the SASS overlay

Running version 1.733. No "SASS" sub type option.

Only Match Sub Type options.  3GN Multigun, SASS: Cowboy Action, GSSF, Berry's Dynamic, Long Range Gas Gun and none.

7 hours ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

you're running IOS? Looks like the current android version is 1.6.51.

Yes, running iOS

I have an Iphone and and android tablet both with the latest version of Practiscore.

The IOS version doesn't Break out misses.

The android version breaks out the number of misses

It is on the bug list to have IOS break out misses. Not sure when that will happen.

Off topic a little. But, I'm not fond of the Practiscore format when reviewing scores after a match. Of course, I may just not be doing it right.

After a match, I like to review the scores & play a game of "Woulda, shoulda, coulda" where I attempt to figure out how I would have finished without the imperfections (misses, P's, & worse, etc.) Of course, according to my rules, everyone else still keeps their imperfections.

Max, I think a lot of people play the game that you're talking about playing. From the website display, it's a little bit easier, since all of your  "mistakes" are lumped together on the first page which lists the totals. just subtract the total penalty time number from your total time and move your score up.

What I don't like about their website display is how I have to dig to find stuff at the stage level

I wish there was some aggregate reporting at the stage level so that the stage writer can figure out better metrics without having to export things into spreadsheets and do math that way.

I did have a talk with some on their development team the other day about some other scoring issues as it relates to our game. Sounds like they've got that on their list along with some other things that affect our scoring. At least on the Android version that I'm more familiar with.

33 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

...What I don't like about their website display is how I have to dig to find stuff at the stage level...

Keep in mind I'm a newbie with PractiScore.  Posting scores to the PS web site is an option.  We'll still post the scores on our web site and it appears the format is what we are accustom to seeing.

Archived