SASS Wire Forum

Shot Timer - AMG Lab?

Matthew Duncan

Anyone have experience using a AMG Lab shot timer?  

Disclaimer:  Nope I don't own stock, have any financial interest in, or am employed by or know of anyone that is employed by above said company.  

1 hour ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Anyone have experience using a AMG Lab shot timer?  

Disclaimer:  Nope I don't own stock, have any financial interest in, or am employed by or know of anyone that is employed by above said company.  

I do not own one but I have been told that it is not as sensitive as the Competition Electronics or the Pact and it has more difficulty picking up the rifle shots.  Again, this isn't my experience, just what I've been told.  

3 hours ago, The Outlaw Travis James said:

I do not own one but I have been told that it is not as sensitive as the Competition Electronics or the Pact and it has more difficulty picking up the rifle shots.  Again, this isn't my experience, just what I've been told.  

On the contrary, it is better in sensitivity than Competition Electronics or Pact and pick up rifle shots with ease. If anybody told you opposite they probably do not have experience using timer either or do not know how to use it. It even picks up dryfire click.

25 minutes ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

I have never handled these - but they look like a nice unit.

Let us know your opinions if you purchase one.

I got one on back order.

I've had one for a long time, what would you like to know? We love ours! I also have a Competition Electronics timer that we haven't used since getting this one. The Commander has a huge sensitivity adjustment range (10 levels of adjustment) and can adjust for echo delay so it can be more or less sensitive than other timers depending on what it is set to. Once I got ours setup right, I don't think it has ever missed picking up a shot, even from a 22 rifle. 

You can program different settings for 5 different presets. So one preset can have the settings you want for plain dry fire, another preset can be dry fire with par times (up to 3), another preset set up for CAS matches, etc. It has so many well thought out features and adjustments. Lots that you wouldn't have thought of but use more than you'd think. Like you can change the range of the random start so it doesn't start sooner than a programmed time and then vary within a programmed amount. I already mentioned other features in the other thread.

I also don't have any affiliation to the company. I first learned about the timer when I was reading info for Practiscore. It mentioned that Practiscore worked with 2 different models of Bluetooth shot timers. The other timer was a different brand which was discontinued. So I looked into this one. They had some good YouTube videos about it. Their website at the time said that you could pre-order it and had an estimated time frame. I watched the website for several months waiting for it to be in stock. After a long time, I emailed them and asked when they will be in stock. They responded quickly and said they will never be, because they are only made when you order them. They told me it would take about 30 days but it was a lot longer. When I checked up on it, they said some parts were back ordered. I've now had it for almost a year and a half. I think it's well worth the price and the wait (if that's still how they do it). 

• 1 month later...

Got ours for first match today.  Connected in seconds to an apple i-pad, iPhone and an android device.    Timer performed flawlessly.  Nice and compact but well built.   Sensitive to pick up rifle shots, but not to record when bumped or hit.   This is a great product.    

Timer called out score,  looked at scorekeeper with pad who confirmed that's what they received and like magic it transferred into practiscore.   No chance for errors when calling out a score and misunderstood.   Again, recorded all shooters perfectly with out a hitch.    If you run your matches with practiscore, would highly recommend.

Archived