SASS Wire Forum

New retrofit smart gun app works via you phones blutooth to enable you pistol (Glock 19) to shoot.

Raylan

Just what I need a blutooth app that will fail to sync when I'm about to be beaten or shot to death. 

I mean what could go wrong.

"Honey did you charge the gun today?"

"No, I thought you were going to."

"Well crap!"

"Device not found"

"Failed to sync"

"Error, app needs update, please download and install update before using app."

"Hey, give me back my phone."

"Why what are you going to do shoot me?"

"Well I can't shoot you, cause you have my phone."

Shooter enters premises..........Me - grabs gun from holster, oops......puts gun back in holster.............pulls out cell phone and pulls up app to enable gun............waits for gun to sync.............pulls out gun again..............oops already dead...

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/machine-inc-announces-safeop-aftermarket-smart-gun-system-for-glock-19-pistols/

Buffering.............Buffering..............Buffering

The number 1 requirement for a defensive gun is 100% reliability. I'm gonna bet my and my family's safety on a cell phone? Are you outta your freaking mind?!?!

That way they could disable your ability to use a gun from the comfort of a white van at the end of your street.  I'm sure there are ways of monitoring just exactly what and how many guns your cell phone is able to access.  The possibilities are endless.   Ultimate gun surveillance and government monitoring.

Due to a potentially violent situation having been detected in your proximity, your ballistic device has been disabled and law enforcement has been notified. 
Thank you for your understanding,

safeop/glock.fed.gov

https://www.wsj.com/articles/canadian-court-rules-gunmaker-smith-wesson-can-be-liable-for-2018-shooting-11613175477

"A Canadian court ruled Friday that victims of a 2018 shooting in Toronto have a viable legal claim of negligence against gun maker Smith & Wesson Corp. for failing provide safeguards on the gun used by the shooter.

Judge Paul Perell of the Superior Court of Ontario said in the ruling that a stolen Smith & Wesson handgun used by the shooter didn’t include available smart gun technology that restricts use to authorized individuals. Such a lapse, he said, is sufficient grounds for the families to proceed with their class action."

10 hours ago, Hendo said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/canadian-court-rules-gunmaker-smith-wesson-can-be-liable-for-2018-shooting-11613175477

"A Canadian court ruled Friday that victims of a 2018 shooting in Toronto have a viable legal claim of negligence against gun maker Smith & Wesson Corp. for failing provide safeguards on the gun used by the shooter.

Judge Paul Perell of the Superior Court of Ontario said in the ruling that a stolen Smith & Wesson handgun used by the shooter didn’t include available smart gun technology that restricts use to authorized individuals. Such a lapse, he said, is sufficient grounds for the families to proceed with their class action."

Well, that just sucks.  <_<

More likely an activist judge who would like to see manufacturers quit selling in Canada. This will solve "gun violence."

Archived