SASS Wire Forum

Yeah. Sure.

Utah Bob #35998

We got our second Covid shots yesterday. Having some minor side effects. Sore arm, chills for a while last night. No big deal. The CDC site says:
* exercise your arm (done that for the last three days with this storm)
* take Tylenol or put a cold cloth on the injection site
* for mild fever, dress lightly

DRESS LIGHTLY? IT WAS 9° WHEN I GOTUP! :lol:

25E0C859-A29A-4A36-90C0-05121E389997.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Wear your winter camo - it should be mostly white. :D

Fashion says you shouldn't wear white after Labor Day, don'tcha know?

8 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Wear your winter camo - it should be mostly white. :D

I need for the paramedics to be able to to find me,

Today is the first day of vaccine availability for those 65+ in MA.  We are required to go online and register for an appointment.  So I went to the State's site this morning, and what do I get?

This application crashed

If you are a visitor, please try again shortly.

If you are the owner of this application, check your logs for errors, or restart your app.

Finally got an appointment for Saturday afternoon 02/20.

When first available I tried hard to get an appointment... what a mess.

First off, I have Medicare, and subscribe to Kaiser Permanente's Senior Advantage program.  KP, a premier provider, cannot get vaccines; they're still limited to providing for first responders and others age 75+. But some pharmacy chains and even independent pharmacies can.  CVS announced that they were making appointments for 65+; I tried to get in, but by the time I could get through the sign-on process none were available.

Earlier this week the county health department (Madera County) announced appointments.  As I worked my way through the process I was astounded at the stuff they wanted - my name, contact information, address, mother's maiden name, my Medicare number.  Then, my health plan number.  My health plan's "Rx BIN" number.  My health plan's PCN code.  Uploaded pictures of the front AND back of my health plan card.  And, of course, by the time I gathered all this stuff I'd timed out and no appointments were left.

It seems that if you have insurance, although the vaccines themselves are "free," they want to charge your insurance "administrative fees."

Opened up again this morning - to hell with this nonsense!  I just checked "Medicare" only and bypassed all the ancillary requirements.  There was still a lengthy on-line form to complete, but by golly I got the LAST appointment on Saturday!  

Meanwhile, Ms Helen Brimstone - who lives in Fresno - heard that vaccinations were available across the road from a local shopping center.  She drove down, waited in line, got her shot and a reservation for the second in four weeks and went merrily on her way.

:wacko:

ND progressing on schedule.  Clinic called a week ago to give me my time to get shot.  Yesterday went thru the line.  Said will call to notify me when 2nd shot is due.   GW

On 2/18/2021 at 10:38 AM, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

I keep going to site every day, it just says no appointments available:(:blink::blush:

Do you have Discount Drug Mart down there? I signed up a week ago and the texted me and said you’re still signed up we will notify you soon. 

11 hours ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Wife is signed there. I am now(today). Still trying Giant Eagle's site  as well:blush:

Yea I keep trying GE and Marc’s also with no success! :angry:

On 2/18/2021 at 8:53 AM, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Today is the first day of vaccine availability for those 65+ in MA.  We are required to go online and register for an appointment.  So I went to the State's site this morning, and what do I get?

This application crashed

If you are a visitor, please try again shortly.

If you are the owner of this application, check your logs for errors, or restart your app.

Spent hours on the computer every day this past week, trying to register for a shot.  Closed out of every vaccination site.  Now looks like the state's allotment of vaccine has been used up, and there will be no more scheduling until another allotment is made.  Meanwhile, I sit and wait.

Mrs. LL managed to get an appointment; she's always been luckier than me.

LL

#2 daughter is a senior nurse... had her arm twisted to get the Pfizer edition.
2nd shot put her on her deathbed for 24 hours, then she recovered.
Other nurses in her charge had similar, less, and one had no reaction at all.

She recommends Gatorade and Tylenol by the bedside for "just in case."
Absolutely NO ibuprofen.

#1 daughter is a junior nurse, and (so far) has avoided having the vaccine forced on her.
Both are deep in COVID patients, neither has contracted C19.

At least you guys are getting the vaccine.

Here in Canada, our incompetent Prime Minister and his lackeys have made such a screw-up of getting vaccines, it'll likely be well into 2022 before we see the  "Herd Immunity"

What is really troubling about that, is the likelihood of variants of Covid developing, the longer it takes to get Canadians immunized.

Don't be surprised to hear about the "Canadian Variant" of Covid sometime soon.

(He does have nice hair though) 

20758501777cca32d6d3c4a4ce42f7f9.jpg

6 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

20758501777cca32d6d3c4a4ce42f7f9.jpg

Sadly we are well on our way towards the same government at the national level. Several state and local governments alraedy have you beat. :( :angry:

Archived