SASS Wire Forum

Whitney Wolverine

Hi Guys I am looking for the cocking piece (#27 Numrich), for my first month production Whitney Wolverine. I have been all over the interweb and no luck. If anyone has any ideas it will help allot. Only 13,500 of these were made in 1957 to 1958 and parts are very hard to find.

Thanks for any help.

M.G.Shagnasty 

Whitney Wolverine 001.JPG

Hey Major,

several years back Olympic Arms in Olympia, WA reproduced the Whitney. Not sure how many (if any) parts were interchangeable but there might be some parts out there for the Olympic version. Unfortunately they are out of business now. Not sure if that’s any help but thought I’d throw it out there. 

JJ

7 hours ago, JJ “Reb” Wainwright 110206 said:

Hey Major,

several years back Olympic Arms in Olympia, WA reproduced the Whitney. Not sure how many (if any) parts were interchangeable but there might be some parts out there for the Olympic version. Unfortunately they are out of business now. Not sure if that’s any help but thought I’d throw it out there. 

JJ

Thanks  JJ Reb, I have been there also with not much luck,

That's a neat looking pistol. I've never heard of them. Looks like it was from Germany in the '30, with the aerodynamic styling. Thanks for learning me something today!

On 2/17/2021 at 10:12 AM, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

Thanks,  I went there yesterday, no luck.

On 2/17/2021 at 10:16 AM, Brazos John said:

That's a neat looking pistol. I've never heard of them. Looks like it was from Germany in the '30, with the aerodynamic styling. Thanks for learning me something today!

Read the story of the Whitney Wolverine, is a interesting scope on big business stepping on the small guy. Or watch the video on you tube "Forgotten Weapons". 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived