SASS Wire Forum

AMG Lab Commander shot timers

Dusty Boots

I started a post asking about shot timers and got some very good comments about various shot timers.  While searching the internet a found some you tube videos about  AMG  Lab Commander Shot timers. Is anyone familiar with them and what are your thoughts? They appear to be simple to use and can down load to an iPad.  Any comments will be appreciated. 
DB

Since 99.999999% of CAS matches will use either a Pact or a Competition Electronics timer why get something that's not one of those?

I'd suggest getting the one the club you shoot at the most uses; around here that's a Competition Electronics Pocket Pro II.

Those timers were used on an episode of Shooting USA for some national pistol competition and I found very interesting because of what you mentioned,   They can tie directly into an IPAd and PractiScore program, so no more manual entering of scores.

we have not purchased yet for you club to test, but we’re reasonable and are purchasing a few for this season. 

Worth a try for the connectivity function!

5 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Since 99.999999% of CAS matches will use either a Pact or a Competition Electronics timer why get something that's not one of those?...

Same reason most use indoor plumbing instead of a outhouse?  There are times when newer technology is actually better then "The way we've always done it".

5 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

why get something that's not one of those?

Because it can help you get more out of your practice....

You can adjust the sensitivity to the point it picks up dry firing. Turn the beep volume down when you don't have ear protection. You can set multiple par times so you can compare multiple things at once with dry fire. With shooting it saves the last 3 shooter's times and you can compare each shot side by side right from the timer. You can tell the timer to stop recording so you don't accidentally pick up extra shots. And of course the Bluetooth is it's best feature, putting your total time and every shot, straight into practiscore. You can even set it down or clip it to you and have someone remote start the timer from their device. I also like that it came with nice protective, rubber case and screen protectors. These are just some of my favorite features. 

When I got ours, I had to pre-order it, because they are made to order and it took around a month and a half. 

I love all the features and options it has and it makes other timers seem so primitive. But with the slight learning curve and settings that can be adjusted incorrectly, obviously it won't ever be used for big matches. 

Archived