SASS Wire Forum

Lebanon TN Gun Show

Deadwood Miner, SASS # 45575

Here is my Gun Show report as  saw it:

More ammo than I have ever seen, new not old inventory. Where is it coming from ? All the dealers had it at three and four times its value. Primers were at 400 + per 1000. Small guns were selling cheap, like there is an overstock and the dealers are fighting for their share of the action. The weather kept the crowd down and also the gun prices. It was nice to walk around and dream of some pieces.

Sounds like that was on Sunday. On Saturday, you couldn't walk around because it was shoulder to shoulder. There was plenty plastic guns for sale but almost no lever rifles or the like. Why the upsurge in lever rifles sales? There was almost none to be had. Maybe people think those kind of guns won't be outlawed and are buying them up. I don't know.

4 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

The lever rifles used in  CAS are all imported, either from Italy or Japan.  I doubt there are many being brought into the country right now.

Italy took a looooong holiday break that ended ~3 weeks ago, I was told that be someone at VTI, plus my industry has business in Italy that matched up.   
if covid allows them to get back to work, then the first guns will be coming of the lines around now, then add in 6 weeks for sea freight from Italy to ports over here. 
I don’t see them doing airfreight to distributors here.   Too expensive for the weight.  
There is a possibility if my guess on timing is close, April is when things hit the docks and loosed up.   
Heck I have Rossi parts back ordered for nearly 7 months now.   Doubt I’ll ever see them.   Glad they are just spares.   

20 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

almost no lever rifles or the like. Why the upsurge in lever rifles sales? There was almost none to be had.

Is it common to see a bunch of lever rifles at gun shows? I haven't been to one since around 2013, but don't remember seeing many at all, even back then.

24 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Sounds like that was on Sunday. On Saturday, you couldn't walk around because it was shoulder to shoulder. There was plenty plastic guns for sale but almost no lever rifles or the like. Why the upsurge in lever rifles sales? There was almost none to be had. Maybe people think those kind of guns won't be outlawed and are buying them up. I don't know.

Yes it was Sunday afternoon  Crowd was very light.

1 hour ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Is it common to see a bunch of lever rifles at gun shows? I haven't been to one since around 2013, but don't remember seeing many at all, even back then.

Oh yeah. I mean it's not overflowing with them but there is usually quite a few to choose from. There was 1 45-70 in the building. No 45lc, no 357. There was a 35rem and maybe 5 or 6 30-30 in about 800 tables.

29 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Oh yeah. I mean it's not overflowing with them but there is usually quite a few to choose from. There was 1 45-70 in the building. No 45lc, no 357. There was a 35rem and maybe 5 or 6 30-30 in about 800 tables.

Hey glad to hear you were weell enough to be out! Good news!

57 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

Hey glad to hear you were weell enough to be out! Good news!

Yes sir! It felt good to get out. I went looking for an 1886 in 45/70. No luck on that but a guy I know there told me he had a sharps at home so I bought it the next day. Not a total loss anyway. The wife is only on oxygen at night now.

3 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Here in South FL there are a lot of Henry Rifle Co Models, but non yet of the new side gate models. I would suggest that lever action rifles in pistol calibers can hold at least 10 shots and could be an alternative to the “black” rifles that are now being discussed to be outlawed. 

51 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Yes sir! It felt good to get out. I went looking for an 1886 in 45/70. No luck on that but a guy I know there told me he had a sharps at home so I bought it the next day. Not a total loss anyway. The wife is only on oxygen at night now.

Congrats on both!

From what we usually see here in Middle Georgia, you had a great show. 800 table is fantastic! We get about 3/4 of the room filled and a lot of that is BS.

Hardly any CAS leverguns... ever. Some wheels guns but not too many. Haven't been to one in about a year cuz the are terrible.

Glad I'm stayin away, because if I saw someone selling primers at 10 times what they should go for, I'd probably let em know what I thought.

Hang on folks, we'll get through this.

7 hours ago, Not Dead Ed said:

...if covid allows them to get back to work, then the first guns will be coming of the lines around now, then add in 6 weeks for sea freight from Italy to ports over here. 
I don’t see them doing airfreight to distributors here.   Too expensive for the weight.  ... 

I'm not sure.  When I was at Cimarron we had to make trips with the trailer to the customs area at the Austin airport to pick up shipments from Uberti.  On the other hand I do know the Chinese shotguns definitely came over on a boat.

56 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

I'm not sure.  When I was at Cimarron we had to make trips with the trailer to the customs area at the Austin airport to pick up shipments from Uberti.  On the other hand I do know the Chinese shotguns definitely came over on a boat.

But was it a slow boat?  :D:D:D

2 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Sounds like they did airfreight.   Good to know.  

Still kicking myself about a rifle I let get away a couple weeks ago at an on-line estate auction in middle Tennessee.  The rifle was miss-labelled as a Rolling Block, but it was a Pedersoli Sharps in 40-65, complete with a nice-looking tang long range sight.  There were already over 40 bids and it was around $700.  I figured it would go for at least $1200 so I didn't bid.  I checked back later and it had sold for $725!

I hope someone from the Wartrace Regulators bought it, so I can offer them $750.

47 minutes ago, Diamond Jake said:

Still kicking myself about a rifle I let get away a couple weeks ago at an on-line estate auction in middle Tennessee.  The rifle was miss-labelled as a Rolling Block, but it was a Pedersoli Sharps in 40-65, complete with a nice-looking tang long range sight.  There were already over 40 bids and it was around $700.  I figured it would go for at least $1200 so I didn't bid.  I checked back later and it had sold for $725!

I hope someone from the Wartrace Regulators bought it, so I can offer them $750.

If it helps I’ll  be glad to kick you a few times next time I see you. :o:P:lol::lol::lol:

Most of the guns shows I've been to in the last couple of years were a waste of my time.  Majority of the stuff was AR15 tacticool parts and plastic pistols.  I rarely go to guns shows anymore.   However, they usually have pretty good hotdogs there.

On 2/15/2021 at 10:08 PM, Tyrel Cody said:

If it helps I’ll  be glad to kick you a few times next time I see you. :o:P:lol::lol::lol:

I respect you for that.

BTW, I had a good visit with Tommy and Scarlett Darlin' on Sunday down here in SC...they say howdy.

Archived