SASS Wire Forum

To All Our Canadian and Alaska Friends

Snowing to beat the band here in N Texas. Depending on where you are in the morning we'll have 2 to 10 inches on the ground. 

That I could take; its the 5 above zero that y'all need to come and get ASAP. 

3 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

While I sincerely appreciate you both as neighbors, I do not appreciate, nor condone, you dumping all your excess snow

on the Puget Sound Area. Would you please come and take it back?

Please direct your complaint to Al Gore in the US and David Suzuki in Canada.

The monetary donations they have collected in their Church of Glow-Ball Warming has been used to purchase too much cold from the North Pole elves and fairies.

4 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

While I sincerely appreciate you both as neighbors, I do not appreciate, nor condone, you dumping all your excess snow

Whine, whine, whine.

learn to bank that cold and use it in the summer instead of complaining about the heat.

11 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Snowing to beat the band here in N Texas. Depending on where you are in the morning we'll have 2 to 10 inches on the ground. 

That I could take; its the 5 above zero that y'all need to come and get ASAP. 

We gave you too much...  It's -18 right now. 

North central Iowa this morning...7:25 am...outdoor thermometer is saying -22 degrees Fahrenheit.  -39 with wind chill.

Back in the "Good Old Days", winter of '76, I was going thru a tech school at Great Lakes.  The wind chill was -72 and the boiler went out.  If you remember the old wool blankets from the military - they gave us one extra blanket to keep us warm.  Not. 

There are reasons why my better half and I retired in Arizona vs Iowa where we grew up.  It's a little cool this morning, about 45.  Should get up to 70 by midday.

Stay warm,

BS

While it was sub-zero overnight in Denver, we are seriously moisture-deficient.  Could you please direct some of that snow down along the Front Range?  I am getting tired of having to pay $340 to have my trees deep-watered to keep them from drying out!  Maybe 3 - 5" of the white stuff would do.  So far, we get a dusting about every four days to a week!  No blizzards please, especially this week as I have to drive my wife and myself to get out 2nd vaccine shots this week. 

Stay well and safe, Pards!

18 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Amigo, move over here to sunny Sequim.

All this fuss and we had a whopping 1/4" total snowfall. :P

Archived